Frustrating Problem With A '97 Es300

In December of last year, my '97 es300 wouldn't start. When I turned the key in the ignition, I would hear a clicking noise but the car wouldn't start. I had the battery checked (it was new) and it was fine. Finally, I took it to a shop and after 3 trips paid a total of $850 to replace the starter, the plugs and wires and one of the fuel injectors. That seemed to work, because the problem was solved and my car would start like new. Now, 8 months later I find myself in the exact same situation. The car won't start and will only make a clicking noise when I try to start it. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could possibly be happening? Thanks!

Could be the starter again, you need to measure the voltage going to the starter soleniod. Have a assistant turn the key to the start position while you measure the voltage at the solenoid (the smaller, 14 gauge wire, not the larger one). You should be seeing around 12 volts. Next measure the voltage at the larger wire (O gauge). It should be around 12 volts all of the time. When you try to start the car, the voltage will drop a couple volts, make note of app how far it drops.

For safety, stand off to the side of the car while doing this. Do not stand in front of the car while anyone is trying to start it. Push the probes into the connectors that you are measuring, so that you do not have to hold the leads. And position the meter so that you can see the meter without holding it. This way if the car moves, you will not be in a position to be harmed.