Lexus Navigation Dvd 8.1 - 9.1

Too often, I have read posts that complain about the dealer and how they were treated. I wanted to share my experience with Lexus-Parts.com.

I have been having trouble with my Navigation system in my 2008 ES350 (Ultra edition). It sends me to wrong addresses and my dealer has no solution. I decided to try upgrading to a newer version of the DVD. I have 7.1 right now.

I ordered the 8.1 DVD from Lexus-Parts.com, and expected to get the DVD this week.

I just got a call from the dealer and they asked me if I would be willing to wait until Sept 1, 2009.

If so, they would send me version 9.1 at the Same cost. Please note that they called me, I did not call them. (Good customer service)

Here are the specifications of my order:

Thank you for your recent order from Lexus-Parts.com.

Below, please find the details of your order:

55817-LX

Product #:PT219-GEN2345-09, 2008 DVD Navigation System Update Data Ver 09.1

(size: Generation 5),

Quantity:1,

Price:$199.00, Item Total:$199.00

Sub-Total:$199.00

Shipping: $6.82

Tax:$16.42

Total:$222.24

For support or questions, email lexusparts@sewell.com.

Note that the price is $222.24, a much better price that I thought.

B-T-W, this dealer is Sewel Lexus in Dallas.

:D

• 3 months later...

I have attached a front and rear scan of a post card that I received from Lexus a couple of weeks ago. The price that they are offering me is a little better than what they offered you, so you may want to print this and take it with you to your dealer if you buy the update.

As for me personally, they can kiss my !Removed! until they put the ability to input destinations into the GPS while the car is in motion back into the software as it was prior to the last "upgrade" to the software. As of the last disc update, they removed the ability to add destinations, or search for destinations if the car is moving more than about 1 MPH or so. If you're driving down the interstate and you decide that it's about time to stop for the night, your passenger can't even search for nearby hotels. If you decide to go to a different destination while you're driving down the road, your passenger can't change the destination in the GPS. You have to pull off of the interstate and come to a complete stop in order to make pretty much any destination changes to the GPS. It sucks in a large way. I and several hundred other people have written scathing letters to Lexus with regard to this issue. I have never met a Lexus owner who was not irritated by this issue. As far as I am aware they didn't change it on this version of the software, so I must assume that they don't much care what their customers think. They claim that it's a liability issue, but that's a load of BS. My Mercedes allows for changes while in motion. It puts a warning screen up that you have to acknowledge prior to making the change, but then it allows the changes. Lexus could do the same thing. It's just another example of a company telling it's customers how they WILL use a product whether they like it or not.

This is the link to another thread on this site where this issue is addressed at length: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=57466

post-93425-1258294188_thumb.jpg