02 Lexus Gs430 Air Conditioner Evaporator Leak

AC system had no leaks until expansion valve was replace then the evaporator was reported to be leaking by tech. He cliam he did not cause leak and did not do any work at the evaporator. My understanding of the system is that the expansion valve is connected to the evaporator. Can anyone confirm this? I am thinking the leak was developed during the repair of the expansion valve. Has anyone had similar experience? I wish I had a manual showing the system connections. A good photo would help. Hope someone can help before I fork over additional monies in addition to 1200.00 already spent.

Thanks for comments.

Here is an update on this issue. For all you Dallas Metroplex residence do not take your car to Cowboy Toyota for sevice. They will gauge you, they are incompetent. Improperly diagonosed my AC problem, replace expansion valve and condenser for 1200.00. Did not solve problem. Then said it was a leak in the evaporator replace for an additional 893.00. Now the problem is solved. They fixed items that was not broken and essentially solve the problem by trial and error at my expense. Stay away from them at all cost it will save you more than you know.