Any Recommendations For Aftermarket/oem Mud Flaps?

cnsranch

Hi, all. First post, new to the Forum. Just picked up an '05 RX330.

We live on a gravel road, and I would like to add mud flaps to the car.

I've searched the Forum, and have found some posts re mud flaps, but the info is somewhat dated. What I've found is that the OEM flaps aren't as effective as some would like, even though they look great.

Any recommendations for aftermarket, etc?

Thanks in advance.

I've gotten a lot of flack for putting mudflaps on my LS400s. I drive on gravel roads too but not in the Kansas City metro area where I also live.

I suspect you would be happier with OEM mudflaps on your RX. I've checked out aftermarket mudflaps for Lexus sedans and there was nothing close to the quality of Toyota/Lexus mudflaps. The Lexus mudflaps are molded to perfectly fit the car body and attach very securely -- just about impossible to knock off. Installation is fairly simple but it took a little drilling on both my current and previous LS -- don't know about the RX.

Irontoad has a set of four OEM mudflaps for only $88.80: http://www.irontoad.com/Merchant2/merchant...;Store_Code=LSC The price sure seems low since the ones I bought in England and Canada for my two LS400's cost almost that much for EACH mudflap in the set.

You can find RX mudflaps for slightly less by googling the part number "08414-48820". Irontoad is a known quantity though and has a good reputation on Lexus forums.

Thanks for the info. I have been wanting some of these too.

I've gotten a lot of flack for putting mudflaps on my LS400s. I drive on gravel roads too but not in the Kansas City metro area where I also live.

I suspect you would be happier with OEM mudflaps on your RX. I've checked out aftermarket mudflaps for Lexus sedans and there was nothing close to the quality of Toyota/Lexus mudflaps. The Lexus mudflaps are molded to perfectly fit the car body and attach very securely -- just about impossible to knock off. Installation is fairly simple but it took a little drilling on both my current and previous LS -- don't know about the RX.

Irontoad has a set of four OEM mudflaps for only $88.80: http://www.irontoad.com/Merchant2/merchant...;Store_Code=LSC The price sure seems low since the ones I bought in England and Canada for my two LS400's cost almost that much for EACH mudflap in the set.

You can find RX mudflaps for slightly less by googling the part number "08414-48820". Irontoad is a known quantity though and has a good reputation on Lexus forums.

I happened upon this post, and ordered mudflaps/guards for my RX350. Thank you all!