Rx400h Radio Security Codes

I need to disconnect the Aux battery to reset my moonroof. The dealer says there is no security code for the radio...but I want to be sure before I disconnect the battery. Anyone know for sure??

It wouldn"t be the first time the dealer was wrong, and I don't want any problems with the radio/sound system.

Dave

I need to disconnect the Aux battery to reset my moonroof. The dealer says there is no security code for the radio...but I want to be sure before I disconnect the battery. Anyone know for sure??

It wouldn"t be the first time the dealer was wrong, and I don't want any problems with the radio/sound system.

Dave

Only if you set the code, Otherwise no code. ;)

Dave

why reset your moonroof ???? just run it thru a full cycle and it should reset itself

the power windows have the same procedure but you have to cycle them from each indivual window

if your batter goes dead and or / if you disconnect it - you have to reset roof and windows manually as described above

Dave

why reset your moonroof ???? just run it thru a full cycle and it should reset itself

the power windows have the same procedure but you have to cycle them from each indivual window

if your batter goes dead and or / if you disconnect it - you have to reset roof and windows manually as described above

The moonroof won"t open. It will tilt up and down, but it doesn't return to the closed position automatically. I can close it manually, but I get the 'moonroof open' error and chime each time the door is opened....very annoying. It will not open or cycle through to reset...only tilts.

I think the jam protection might have tripped. In any case, I need to try to reset it before I take it to the dealer for repair. I read on the RX 350 forum that a disconect and reset has fixed this type of problem for others.

-Dave

Dave

The moonroof won"t open. It will tilt up and down, but it doesn't return to the closed position automatically. I can close it manually, but I get the 'moonroof open' error and chime each time the door is opened....very annoying. It will not open or cycle through to reset...only tilts.

I think the jam protection might have tripped. In any case, I need to try to reset it before I take it to the dealer for repair. I read on the RX 350 forum that a disconect and reset has fixed this type of problem for others.

-Dave

Well...I reset the power to the moon roof, and all is well know. I chose to remove the fuse to the moon roof, (30A located in the fusepanel under the dash on the drivers side) instead of disconnecting the Aux Battery, so as not to loose all the other presets (radio, seats, windows, and who knows what else).

I think this is the easiest way...so if you're having issues with the moon roof opening or closing, give it a try.

-Dave