Ls 400 Odometer Roll Back

Larry W

I was looking at a used 1995 LS 400 the other day with low mileage and a clean car fax report. I noticed a sticker on the door jam from a Lexus dealer stating that this car had the mileage reset to zero in 1999. The sticker said the car had 67K when rolled back. Any idea why the odometer was reset to zero? No accidents on the car fax report and the title is clear. Any thoughts on this one?

I was looking at a used 1995 LS 400 the other day with low mileage and a clean car fax report. I noticed a sticker on the door jam from a Lexus dealer stating that this car had the mileage reset to zero in 1999. The sticker said the car had 67K when rolled back. Any idea why the odometer was reset to zero? No accidents on the car fax report and the title is clear. Any thoughts on this one?

Yep, it happened to me on a 1996 LS400. The odometer went blank and needed to be replaced, and I choose to not wait two week and extra $$ to have it reset to actual miles, but restarted at zero. Lexus paid for the new display, but I paid for the labor.

This could explain what happened to your car.

Cheers,

Hank

:cheers: