2004 Rx330 Drive Belts (not The Timing Belt)

I Austin

Should I wait or replace it at 68k miles ?

Dealership wants to charge $230-270 with parts and labor (90 minutes), I called three dealerships in Southern Ca and got 3 different prices ranging from $25, 35 and 55; probably just had it done outside dealership.

Part numbers are listed below, just in case you are a DIY person.

90080-91212 $9.83 (drives power steerting pump)

90080-91239 $15.14 (drives from crankshaft to alternator + A/C)

tks..

a.c.

I would wait. They are easily good for 100k miles....that is if they are of the quality of the RX300 belts. I have the original pwr steering pump belt and at 166k miles. The alternator belt I did at 120k miles.

Should I wait or replace it at 68k miles ?

Dealership wants to charge $230-270 with parts and labor (90 minutes), I called three dealerships in Southern Ca and got 3 different prices ranging from $25, 35 and 55; probably just had it done outside dealership.

Part numbers are listed below, just in case you are a DIY person.

90080-91212 $9.83 (drives power steerting pump)

90080-91239 $15.14 (drives from crankshaft to alternator + A/C)

tks..

a.c.

To put it mildly, that is highway robbery as far as labor to change. Even someone not mechanically minded should be able to change those 2 belts in that time. A mechanic with a lift (to get to the P/S belt) should be able to have both of those changed and have a cup of coffee in a half an hour. I have a hard time believing an independent wouldn't do it for half of that or less.

When I changed them (1st time) on my DIL's RX at somewhere around 120k mi. they were in pretty good shape. Some very fine cracking on the serpentine but in no danger of failing, and the P/S even better shape.