02 Es300 Passenger Side Mirror

my passenger side mirror is broken and the whole assembly needs to be replaced. It is a heated mirror and has memory.

I am looking for used mirror but when i called a couple of junkyards, only 2 of them asked me the number of pins. the rest of the jnkyards did not ask me this and just gave me a quote. The two who aksed me this question said that the mirror could have either 11 or 16 pins and so the connector can be different for both. The only way to find this out is by opening the door panel.

I found the instructions for that on this forum but I am still not sure if I would be able to open the door panel and put it back so i m a little hesitant in doing that.

I wanted to know if there are these 2 different number of pins ? and can i not tell by the mirror being heated and with memory , how many pins it would have ?

also i can get a 2001 ES300 mirror from a person but would it work on my 02 ?

thanks

Why not call your local Lexus dealer & ask the parts folks for that answer (they should be able to bring up a detailed set of pics of the complete assembly front & back)......and no the 2001 ES mirror will not fit the 2002.

My 05 mirror - passenger side died on me shortly after purchasing the car, lucky for me it was still under full factory warranty.....the whole assembly had to be replaced.....costing over $550.00 to replace :blink:

Good luck.

:cheers:

sarrah,

Chances are that your friend's mirror will not work on your car, since there is a body style change between the two model years. Usually when body styles change, so will many of the car's components. But until you actually remove the inner door panel, so that you can gain access to the wiring harness connector for your mirror, you won't be able to tell for certain.

Removing the door panel is not rocket science, but is a little intimidating for a first timer, particularly on a car of this class. As for the number of pins necessary in the wiring connector for a heated/memory mirror? My experience has been that there will be four pins for the up/down/right/left functions of the mirror, and two pins for the heated function. How the many pins the memory function requires I don't know.

Your best bet would be to ask a Lexus parts tech at a dealership to pull up the part number the passenger mirror for your year, and for a 2001, to see if they cross-reference as the same part number. Baring that, look for a 2003, or 2004 part number and see if you can track down a used one. They should definitely fit as they are the same body style. Good Luck!

Take a look at the attached parts diagram. It appears there are two different types of mirror assemblies, one with memory and the other without. Incidentally, the glass and internal parts of the mirror are available from Lexus separately; do you really need the entire assembly?http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_2002_LEXUS_ES300~330_MCV30L-BEAGKA_8701.html