Rebuilding Ls400

bobirw

I have a 92 Lexus LS400. Guy in our office found a later model he could buy at 1/2 price but needed $2000.cash to do deal so I bought it just to resell. I've spent a 1000. on it but liked driving it so much I'm keeping it. It had been wrecked on passenger side aft and decent bodywork so looks OK. Had a new pearlesent (sp?) white paint job looked like factory. He had alse spent 2400. on new AC unit. Seats are bad. Shows 160,000 but I think has more than that. Maybe rolled over & back to 160,000. Runs good but the shocks are gone. We buy most things from Junk yards, wrecked Lexus in this case. I have bought door switchs for $20. Vandels broke sliding sunroof and bought entire window roof !Removed!. for $100. If I needed a alternator or starter I would buy from Junk yard and have rebuilt if needed. Would be still far cheaper than any other way & have Lexus part. Same with various hi dollar parts on engine. Maybe things are just cheaper here in texas. Lexus isn't, but you would be better to check some out. Course if you have unlimited money, doesn't matter but I don't. And again you need some knowledge of parts but seems like most of you have that. What I would like to ask is about the shocks. Mine are out. I found a set of the air controlled ones I can buy them & controls for $100. Dont know if good but if anyone sells a kit of washers, gaskets etc to rebuild these things I would get them. Would appreciate any feedback possible, Thanks, Bob

I have a 92 Lexus LS400. Guy in our office found a later model he could buy at 1/2 price but needed $2000.cash to do deal so I bought it just to resell. I've spent a 1000. on it but liked driving it so much I'm keeping it. It had been wrecked on passenger side aft and decent bodywork so looks OK. Had a new pearlesent (sp?) white paint job looked like factory. He had alse spent 2400. on new AC unit. Seats are bad. Shows 160,000 but I think has more than that. Maybe rolled over & back to 160,000. Runs good but the shocks are gone. We buy most things from Junk yards, wrecked Lexus in this case. I have bought door switchs for $20. Vandels broke sliding sunroof and bought entire window roof !Removed!. for $100. If I needed a alternator or starter I would buy from Junk yard and have rebuilt if needed. Would be still far cheaper than any other way & have Lexus part. Same with various hi dollar parts on engine. Maybe things are just cheaper here in texas. Lexus isn't, but you would be better to check some out. Course if you have unlimited money, doesn't matter but I don't. And again you need some knowledge of parts but seems like most of you have that. What I would like to ask is about the shocks. Mine are out. I found a set of the air controlled ones I can buy them & controls for $100. Dont know if good but if anyone sells a kit of washers, gaskets etc to rebuild these things I would get them. Would appreciate any feedback possible, Thanks, Bob

What