Paint Problems

Okay so really I don't even know where to start. I bought the car used with normal wear and tear really, just a few rock chips on the hood which is easily attainable with 40,000 - 50,000 highway miles right? Well I have had the car for not even a year (7 months really) and I have noticed now that there are what appear to be rock chips all over the front end! They are everywhere! I do not remember driving behind a gravel truck for an extended period of time either. My only explanation could be that kids may have found it funny to hurl pebbles at my car but they are all in the front... Could the paint just be chipping? I also don't drive on gravel very much so that too can be ruled out. Also what will be my best option to fix these? A new paint job or could I go with a bottle of Mr.Colorchip touch-up paint? Does anybody know of some good touch-up paint? Another paint problem that I have is that the paint on the rear bumper right below the lexus symbol is bubbling. Will Lexus cover this? THANKS in advance I really need help, I know it is a bunch of questions.

Honestly to tell you the truth it won't get any better. I only have 6,800 miles on my IS350 and have plenty of rock chips and I never remember driving behind cement or gravel trucks. It is just what you get for driving on the highway. They do not use the same strength paints as they used to as it is "detrimental" to the environment. So they use the cheap stuff which is not the fault of Lexus but the fault of the EPA. I hear the best way to go is to get the clear bra. But I also hear they do not recommend it after the car is already riddled with chips and scratches. But it's worth a try. With my next oil change I am going to inquire about the clear bra for my car and see what they say.

The paint on the car is very soft. I was told this before I bought the car and got the clear bra (autoban). Definately worth doing on a brand new car. In 2 years and 60,000 miles not any damage to the front bumper - an occasional nick on the upper hood which I just touched up.

For you I would say repaint the bumper and have the clear bra installed.

As an aside just to illustrate how bad the roads are in Massachusetts, I have replaced the license plate surround 4 x from getting chewed up by road pebbles.