1999 Es 300 Tranny Acting Strange

My es 300 seems to have a few tranny problems. When I got it, I changed the fluid but I overfilled it by about 300 mls, would this cause any real damage? One of the problems with the tranny is that I can feel it shifting more than on my chevy, every time it shifts gears there is nearly a one second pause and then it shifts and, on a cold start when I am driving between 30-70 kmh it stays in second gear and runs between 2500 and 3500 rpm, but that problem is gone after it warms up. Looking for opinions on if this transmission is on the way out?

you never know until you open the case... do you know the fluid change history from previous owner? how was the color/smell/appearance of the old fluid? and lastly how many miles does it have?

at this point i'd say drive it to the ground .. it may last you many more miles.

on our '95 we always had this thing: when you start driving in the morning there is a slight lag from 2nd-->3rd gear (it shifts at higher rpm ~3krpm instead of 2-2.5), but then after few min's of driving its fine. 160kmiles on it. the fluid is red and clear with no funny smell or sediment. not sure if it was ever changed and im not taking any chances changing/flushing it at high miles.

you never know until you open the case... do you know the fluid change history from previous owner? how was the color/smell/appearance of the old fluid? and lastly how many miles does it have?

at this point i'd say drive it to the ground .. it may last you many more miles.

on our '95 we always had this thing: when you start driving in the morning there is a slight lag from 2nd-->3rd gear (it shifts at higher rpm ~3krpm instead of 2-2.5), but then after few min's of driving its fine. 160kmiles on it. the fluid is red and clear with no funny smell or sediment. not sure if it was ever changed and im not taking any chances changing/flushing it at high miles.

My 98 has no problems with its tranny at 269K miles.

No problems shifting in cold or warm weather.

All I did was have the dealer change the fluid every 60K miles and no quick jerky starts or kickdowns.