Brake Chirp

When I apply my brakes on my '07 400hwhen close to a stop I often heat a chirp or squawk, which is annoying. I took the car to my local dealer and was given the oft heard answer, UTD (unable to duplicate). I just saw on the Internet, while looking for something else, that there is a TSB BR 003-07, Brakes chirp/squawk when applying pedal. Has anyone had this problem, had it repaired, and what is the nature of the repair. I do not subscribe to All Data, so I can't pull it up. I like to have as much info as possible when I go to the dealer.

Thanks

!Removed! L.

When I apply my brakes on my '07 400hwhen close to a stop I often heat a chirp or squawk, which is annoying. I took the car to my local dealer and was given the oft heard answer, UTD (unable to duplicate). I just saw on the Internet, while looking for something else, that there is a TSB BR 003-07, Brakes chirp/squawk when applying pedal. Has anyone had this problem, had it repaired, and what is the nature of the repair. I do not subscribe to All Data, so I can't pull it up. I like to have as much info as possible when I go to the dealer.

Thanks

!Removed! L.

Here ya go. Print it out and take it to the dealer.

BR003_07.pdf

No problem. Yes, it's not as simple as bleeding the brakes on a non hybrid vehicle which uses a brake booster powered by engine vacuum. Since the engine isn't always on the brake boosting is electric in the RX. Changing pads shouldn't be a problem (though there is a TSB about check lights activating after pad change) but bleeding I think is something the dealer may have to do.

THis was aswesome!! I actually took my 06 400h to the dealer Thrs and they said the same thing, can't duplicate it! PLUS, they charged me $58 (Lexus of Rockville Centre, NY) for lifting the car and "checking" the brakes!!! So I will be going back with the bulletin!