Grinding Noise Coming Fron Under Dash (passenger Side)

drewzer

Hello,

I have a 1999 RX300 and have been hearing a grinding noise coming from under the "dash" on the passenger side. It's really much closer to the floor though on the center console side. I have removed two plastic panels and I think I have isolated the grinding noise to what looks like a motor near these very hot metal rods. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about here? Without being able to identify my problem, it's hard to search for a solution. Any help is appreciated.

Also, A/C is working fine but I'm hearing an annoying sound whenever it is on. Do I need to lubricate or replace a belt or something? Don't know if it could be related to above problem, but and advice on this would be welcome too.

Thanks for your help.

-Drew

Hello,

I have a 1999 RX300 and have been hearing a grinding noise coming from under the "dash" on the passenger side. It's really much closer to the floor though on the center console side. I have removed two plastic panels and I think I have isolated the grinding noise to what looks like a motor near these very hot metal rods. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about here? Without being able to identify my problem, it's hard to search for a solution. Any help is appreciated.

Also, A/C is working fine but I'm hearing an annoying sound whenever it is on. Do I need to lubricate or replace a belt or something? Don't know if it could be related to above problem, but and advice on this would be welcome too.

Thanks for your help.

-Drew

Yes I do. I also have a 1999 Rx300 and I just did the two sevo motors. The bottom one is the for cold and hot mixer, the top one is the mode. I took mine apart and cleaned and regrease them works perfect. New ones around 150 Each. the bottom one is harder to get out,