Bluetooth And Nav Active While On The Run..

I have found these instructions a few weeks ago on this forum but only today did I decide to try...

Well it took me no more than one hour to have it all done. Now I can drive at any speed and both my NAV and Bluetooth Handfree ar fully active.

I am working in finance so anyone should be able to follow this...;-))

By the way, many thanks to whoever uploaded this first time.Instructions__for_Bluetooth_Hands_free_and_Navigation_system_enabling.pdf

One this I was wondering. Since you clip the VSS wire, did it affect your milage monitor at all

Absolutely not. But watch carefully before cutting those wires, the one behind the LCD block is tricky and looks like a twin to another one... So make sure you check positioning very precisely. No big deal, just focus.

One this I was wondering. Since you clip the VSS wire, did it affect your milage monitor at all

If you're on the screen with the energy display (shows battery / ICE / spinning wheels / direction of energy) and look close, the only thing different will be the spinning wheel animation will look stationary. No big deal. After you throw your switch, the display goes back to normal. Actual mileage isn't affected as this signal simply indicates motion ... and not distance/speed. If you disconnect the actual speed sensor(s) at the wheels ... that's a different story ... but the speed sensor disconnect is an easy way to fool the system if you're on a steep - slick - ice covered road and you don't want the system to disengage from a little bit of wheel spin on ice. That said ... once we got our lockpick device ... we didn't need to splice into the motion sensor wire behind the mfd any more ... but of course the lockpick is a more expensive way to go.

I really didnt want to mount a toggle switch anywhere so I ended up not doing that part of it. I do have full use of my phone numbers now though.

So, will the lockpick work with all nav upgrades? When I called them a while back they acted like they didnt even have one for the version 8 yet

I really didnt want to mount a toggle switch anywhere so I ended up not doing that part of it. I do have full use of my phone numbers now though.

So, will the lockpick work with all nav upgrades? When I called them a while back they acted like they didnt even have one for the version 8 yet

Funny, I did just that... Cut the two wires and have my phone and nav system working whenever I wish so. What would I need a switch for ?

The easier one is of course the one on the right side close to the pasenger door but the other one is no big deal either. Just the pay attention on how you pull out the bolts. My advice is to place a bit of adhesive tape on the key you are using so the bolt sticks to it.

Best!

So, in the kick panel was it the Blue wire you clipped or the wire in pin 15? We clipped the blue wire and the screen still blacked out when the car was moving. The wire in pin 15 is a white wire

Pay attention to what instructions say: "light green/blue" and this is precisely what you look for. Also, check position both from the male side as well as female side of the connector.

No white, no green, no blue, ok? Just light green/blue!

Good luck.

Now let me get this right. Are you saying that you just clipped the wire? And you did not install an enabling switch like they had in the last step?

Yes Sir,

That is exactly what I did. I cut and isolated the wires so that there is no further "on the move" signal going to the Nav system or the bluetooth one. Who needs it anyway? Further, if ever for some mysterious reason you decide one day to reactivate the ploys, all you need to do is following instructions, reopen the whole thing and re-connect each of the wires.

Soon I will post pictures of my black rx 400h since I have mounted 20`wheels with 275/40 tires on it and working on a few other customizations like for instance adding a left side exhaust pipe exit which really gave the overall look of the car a massive improvement.

Great car indeed...

Best!

Well its got to be the version disk I have then that is the problem. Because I did cut the right wire in the passenger kick pannel for the nav and it still blacks out when moving. But the blue tooth does work. When I purchased this car new it had the version 5.1 in it. I was able to go in and overide the nav system and it wouldnt black out when moving. But then I installed the new verion 7.1 when it came out and now no more overiding the system. Even putting the old 5.1 disk back in didnt bring it back. Neither does cutting the blue/green wire. I am totally stumped.

I do want to see some pics of your with thoes wheels on it. I have the gold package on mine and had the factory wheels chromed

Well its got to be the version disk I have then that is the problem. Because I did cut the right wire in the passenger kick pannel for the nav and it still blacks out when moving. But the blue tooth does work. When I purchased this car new it had the version 5.1 in it. I was able to go in and overide the nav system and it wouldnt black out when moving. But then I installed the new verion 7.1 when it came out and now no more overiding the system. Even putting the old 5.1 disk back in didnt bring it back. Neither does cutting the blue/green wire. I am totally stumped.

I do want to see some pics of your with thoes wheels on it. I have the gold package on mine and had the factory wheels chromed

The pics will need to wait till early august at best, cuz that's when I get the second exhaust pipe installed...

Now as far as the Nav system, there is no way that if you cut the "move sensor" signal wire, your nav system could black out when moving the car. You MUST have cut the wrong one. Check again. I have upgraded to the latest version (2009) and I can phone and change nav instructions while on the move. Look, it's not an esoteric science ...If the system does not detect the car is moving, it will simply act as if you were parked. So now cut the damn right wire... ;-))

• 8 months later...

does anyone know if cutting these wires will enable the radio to display song title information from fm radio? from what i understand that information doesnt scroll due to speed as well. am i right on this?

does anyone know if cutting these wires will enable the radio to display song title information from fm radio? from what i understand that information doesnt scroll due to speed as well. am i right on this?

I've not seen any difference in scroll behavior in my audio equipment based on speed. I might be worried that I would lose the ASL functionality... which I like.

I have the 400h ML sound system and AIVS patch for the iPod.

I've not seen any difference in scroll behavior in my audio equipment based on speed. I might be worried that I would lose the ASL functionality... which I like.

thanks skyfish, i was looking to do something similar to you. i ordered the vais soundlinq and was going to clip the wires while i was back there. i have an 06 400h w/ ml, no rear dvd.

so is there a way to have the radio scroll the name of the song while driving? the text button is really confusing and hitting it repeatedly seems to eventually get all the info, but i'm not sure why it doesnt just scroll nicely like most other cars...

thanks skyfish, i was looking to do something similar to you. i ordered the vais soundlinq and was going to clip the wires while i was back there. i have an 06 400h w/ ml, no rear dvd.

so is there a way to have the radio scroll the name of the song while driving? the text button is really confusing and hitting it repeatedly seems to eventually get all the info, but i'm not sure why it doesnt just scroll nicely like most other cars...

No, there is nothing you can do to change the scroll behavior. You have to hit the text button to see ANY text and then hold it down for it scroll the next screen full of characters... if there is more text, the arrow will indicate that and you will need to hold it down again to see that set... and so on.

The VIAS unit I have will not display much. It shows the playlist (you cannot play a song thru the ML unless it is contained within a playlist on your iPod), and I believe there is an option to show the song title as you scroll thru text data. It works ok, but its not what you would expect... I agree.

There may be a later flash that adds more functionality, but I would have to pull the unit back out and send it to VIAS for them to flash it and I'm not about to go thru all that without some good reasons (plural).

PS I hate that this text box keeps resizing as I'm typing into it....this new forum format sucks!

• 2 weeks later...

so is a switch for this really necessary? i cut the bt wire and it frees up the phone. i cut the nav wire, and the nav still greys out when in motion. i am sure i cut the right one as the wheels on the energy display don't ever turn. so is a switch needed? do i need to be in factory mode and cut the wire after the car starts moving? and this gives me a few seconds to type in an address? just wanted a bit more explanation before i ran out to get a switch; thanks!

• 1 month later...

O.K. so I took my 2007 RX400h apart tonight, found the M1 connector, studied it carefully looking for the bluetooth wire, identified position 25 and...... there's no wire in it! There are only wires in positions 1 - 17, 20 and 21. There are two wires I would call "light blue". One is in position 17 and the oother in position 20. Can anbody help me with this?

O.K. so I took my 2007 RX400h apart tonight, found the M1 connector, studied it carefully looking for the bluetooth wire, identified position 25 and...... there's no wire in it! There are only wires in positions 1 - 17, 20 and 21. There are two wires I would call "light blue". One is in position 17 and the oother in position 20. Can anbody help me with this?

Uh-oh. I took the RX apart to attempt the nav system overide, couldn't locate the wires so I just put it back together. Now it won't start. The ready light doesn't come on. Any advice?