Heater Core Leak Damaged Computer!

I drive...used to drive...a 93 SC300. Great car, no major problems til it stalled on Easter this year. Took it to Toyota, they figured it needed a tuneup. $1,000 later - cap, rotor, wires, plugs, timing belt, drive belt, cam and crank seals, mass airflow sensor cleaned, throttle bodies clean, idle valve cleaned - the car stalled on me again! $500 later - fuel pump computer replaced - the car stalled on me again!!! So, after spending $1,500 on service and repairs, they claim the heater core leaked on the main computer, and that caused damage to the fuel pump computer! Now they want $3,000 more to replace the heater core and main computer!

So I'm asking anyone out there....Is this possible? Can I fix this myself?

X

Heater core replacement is quite a hard and time consumming jobs. But, it's not mean impossible for you to save $2700+ if you can do your own. My suggess is that you have to make sure if the Heter core leaking. How you know!! quite easy. if your aircondition is still working fine, no outside leaking and have not recharged feon sometime, then probadly your heater core is ok. What usually happend is that dirt covers the draining hose and cause the water over flow and pilling from inside right on top of the computer. The water you see when a/c runing is from the air hummity, it needs to be draining out through a rubber hose is about 3 inches long. Right below, infront of heater core. Clean it up, checking it by pouring some water and see if it can escape though that hose. If it does, you are good to go. and replace the computer. you can rebuild your computer from ebay or (Toll Free: (866-983-6688 . Email: ate@autoecu.com Website: www.autoecu.com Location). Cheap and save instead of buy new computer. replace computer is quite easy. it is on passenger side, under the mat and carpet. Remove the black plastic cover and you will see it there. Good luck.. : :)

I drive...used to drive...a 93 SC300. Great car, no major problems til it stalled on Easter this year. Took it to Toyota, they figured it needed a tuneup. $1,000 later - cap, rotor, wires, plugs, timing belt, drive belt, cam and crank seals, mass airflow sensor cleaned, throttle bodies clean, idle valve cleaned - the car stalled on me again! $500 later - fuel pump computer replaced - the car stalled on me again!!! So, after spending $1,500 on service and repairs, they claim the heater core leaked on the main computer, and that caused damage to the fuel pump computer! Now they want $3,000 more to replace the heater core and main computer!

So I'm asking anyone out there....Is this possible? Can I fix this myself?

X

• 2 weeks later...