Need Help On Removing Sub Woofer Grill For 02 Es300

I'm having trouble removing the top grill of the sub woofer for my 02 es300 so I can fix the rattling noise that it is making. For some reason, I cannot pry off the grill because it's stuck on each of the 4 corners. If anyone can post a DIY on how to get to the sub woofer, greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If it's like our 2006, the grill is glued to the rear shelf. And to get the shelf out, you have to first fully remove the rear seats & back, then the shelf slides forward. There is a foam seal between the grill and the sub itself.

I got a new Kicker 8" sub to replace the stock sub, and tore the seats out, and the shelf, just to find out that the stock sub bolt pattern isn't symetrical, so I have to make an adapter, probably out of 1/2" or 3/4" MDF. With bolt holes matching the new sub, and holes matching the stocker.

Giant pain in the !Removed! IMHO.

are you replacing head unit as well? or just the sub?

If it's like our 2006, the grill is glued to the rear shelf. And to get the shelf out, you have to first fully remove the rear seats & back, then the shelf slides forward. There is a foam seal between the grill and the sub itself.

I got a new Kicker 8" sub to replace the stock sub, and tore the seats out, and the shelf, just to find out that the stock sub bolt pattern isn't symetrical, so I have to make an adapter, probably out of 1/2" or 3/4" MDF. With bolt holes matching the new sub, and holes matching the stocker.

Giant pain in the !Removed! IMHO.