1993 Es300 Lexus

I took my car to the shop and the mechanic says he fixed the connection that was causing my check engine light to come but if it comes back on he says I will have to replace the knock sensors and he says they are expensive

So I want to ask Lexus Forum Is the knock sensor a big deal on a car? Do I really need to replace it right away

another question is How do you check the transmission fluid and where do you put transmission fluid in on my car!! How do I know that I have enough transmission and that it is not leaking

Knock Sensor problem, The check engine light used to come on real fast but it comes on 30 minutes while drive ordoesn't come on but the point is it stills comes on some time and I noticed the Oil leak light stays on I think constantly, What could be leaking

I took my car to the shop and the mechanic says he fixed the connection that was causing my check engine light to come but if it comes back on he says I will have to replace the knock sensors and he says they are expensive

So I want to ask Lexus Forum Is the knock sensor a big deal on a car? Do I really need to replace it right away

another question is How do you check the transmission fluid and where do you put transmission fluid in on my car!! How do I know that I have enough transmission and that it is not leaking

Knock Sensor problem, The check engine light used to come on real fast but it comes on 30 minutes while drive ordoesn't come on but the point is it stills comes on some time and I noticed the Oil leak light stays on I think constantly, What could be leaking

Can anyone help me out on this?

what is code? (Go to autozone or orailly to get free code)

Transmission fluid dipstick location in front between radiator and block close to air filter.

Once car is right temp. while is running u pulled dipstick and check. it's red color fluid and light so you can tell very easily that is leaking.

Oil light is for engine oil . please check you engine oil level while is off atleast for 5 minits.

I am sure somebody will help on knock sensor.

We have a very good experience group.

what is code? (Go to autozone or orailly to get free code)

Transmission fluid dipstick location in front between radiator and block close to air filter.

Once car is right temp. while is running u pulled dipstick and check. it's red color fluid and light so you can tell very easily that is leaking.

Oil light is for engine oil . please check you engine oil level while is off atleast for 5 minits.

I am sure somebody will help on knock sensor.

We have a very good experience group.

Autozone says car is too old for code check but I have took it to two shops that both say it is the knock sensors now I just want to know is it a serious thing to replace the knock sensors?