Changed My Transmission Fluid But Need Help!

AznMechanic

I just changed my transmission fluid and it took me a little over 2 hours because of the panel.

My car is RX330 AWD and about 4.5qts came out but the manual says only 3.7qts.

I dont know whether the lexus dealership overfilled it at my 30000mile service or because it was running hot more was in the pan.

Should I fill it up with 4.5qts? or 4qts? or 3.7qts as the manual says.

I tried to go with the dipstick level but the fluid is all over the dipstick so I cant really tell.

I filled it up with 4qts at the moment but should i fill it up with 0.5qts more?

Or help me how to read the transmission dip stick.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

The tranny dipstick does smear, but look at both sides, one side will have a fluid level, the other side will be impossible to tell. The side with a proper look is the side you want to read. Sorry I wish I had a picture.

The tranny dipstick does smear, but look at both sides, one side will have a fluid level, the other side will be impossible to tell. The side with a proper look is the side you want to read. Sorry I wish I had a picture.

Yeah I tried it like a million times and both sides come out smeared :angry:

Is it better to run the car for little bit and check or check it when its cold?

Can you upload a picture please?

I will greatly appreciate it :D

Yeah I tried it like a million times and both sides come out smeared :angry:

Is it better to run the car for little bit and check or check it when its cold?

Can you upload a picture please?

I will greatly appreciate it :D

It needs to be warm to get an accraute reading. Also do not try to read it for a little while after you add some down the tube. It coats the tube and makes it about impossible to get a good read.