Damage Caused By Hitting Curbing

Rick331

I need some advice. While driving my 2005 LS 430 with only 10,000 miles, I had to swerve to the left in order to avoid a collision with another vehicle who cut into my lane of travel. I managed to hit the granite curbing rather hard causing damage to my 18 inch chrome wheels. I had a four wheel alignment done and the mechanic was unable to identify any suspension damage. However, I now feel the road pavement or vibration coming from the left front[ font.

Questions:

1. Who can repair or where I can purchase two 18 in OEM chrome wheels? Lexus dealer wants $625 each.

2. Any idea of the cause of the vibration?

Thanks

I need some advice. While driving my 2005 LS 430 with only 10,000 miles, I had to swerve to the left in order to avoid a collision with another vehicle who cut into my lane of travel. I managed to hit the granite curbing rather hard causing damage to my 18 inch chrome wheels. I had a four wheel alignment done and the mechanic was unable to identify any suspension damage. However, I now feel the road pavement or vibration coming from the left front[ font.

Questions:

1. Who can repair or where I can purchase two 18 in OEM chrome wheels? Lexus dealer wants $625 each.

2. Any idea of the cause of the vibration?

Thanks

The wheel could be bent? Have you looked on eBay for the rim? Good luck glad you didn't get hurt.

could be that the rim got bent or warped a little. it also might need to be balanced. i learned when i got my tires changed 3 of my rims had a slight warp in them. it doesnt really bother me but im sure ever since i bought the car its been that way, and considering my cars age it doesnt surprise me. better to have a bent rim than a wrecked car!