My New Es 350 Has No Coat Hook (seems Unbelievable)

SHG818

The title says it all. Just bought a new ES 350. I basically love the car (used to be an MB E series owner), but I was shocked to find that there is no coat hook in the ES 350. Does any one have any suggestions. I do not want to always use a hanger just to hang up my jacket. There are some other ugly options, but I was hoping to hear something somewhat clean.

Yep it's true, they didn't think there was adequate lighting in the back so they added the extra lights, I have a 2007 and don't care anything about extra rear seat lights lol, the coat hangar is so much more practical

So, now that I have to accept that the Relentless Pursuit of Perfection does not include a coat hook in the ES 350, anybody come up with a fix? (I guess I'll go to Target and try to find a stick on hook and glue it to the handle.)

So, now that I have to accept that the Relentless Pursuit of Perfection does not include a coat hook in the ES 350, anybody come up with a fix? (I guess I'll go to Target and try to find a stick on hook and glue it to the handle.)

Just use the handle. Bend the hook on the hanger if it does not swivel.

Yeah I have a genuine Lexus coat hanger that attaches to the headrest posts of the driver's seat. Works much better than the coat hook. Search the net for it, came from japan and cost about $125 but its in matching leather and very attractive.

Thats why its the relentless PURSUIT of perfection. Perfection is something that can never be obtained. Someone somewhere decided lights>coat hook

I don't know the configuration of your back 'handle', but when I got my 99RX300, there was no coat hook. I was sure that was an oversight, talked to the dealer,m and - presto! - they came up with a coat hook that has a slightly open ring in the back and fits over the handle, and looks as original as can be. I am sure that the part is available separately. It might be the best solution?

Yeah I have a genuine Lexus coat hanger that attaches to the headrest posts of the driver's seat. Works much better than the coat hook. Search the net for it, came from japan and cost about $125 but its in matching leather and very attractive.

Thats why its the relentless PURSUIT of perfection. Perfection is something that can never be obtained. Someone somewhere decided lights>coat hook

Thanks. I think I saw one while I was searching the web for a solution. I'm glad to know that it is attractive and apparently worth it.