Power Steering

robnantoinette

I need help trying to find out what's wrong with my power steering. It's leaking and no one can seem to find out where it's leaking from. They can see it leaking but unsure as to where it's coming from. All bolts have been tightened and the Lexus Dealer said that it's probably not coming from the O ring. A new pump has been put on and also new hoses. I have to put power steering fluid in everyday and even when there's some in, it still whines. What else could be the problem? Help :o

• 5 weeks later...
I need help trying to find out what's wrong with my power steering. It's leaking and no one can seem to find out where it's leaking from. They can see it leaking but unsure as to where it's coming from. All bolts have been tightened and the Lexus Dealer said that it's probably not coming from the O ring. A new pump has been put on and also new hoses. I have to put power steering fluid in everyday and even when there's some in, it still whines. What else could be the problem? Help :o

Is there fluid anywhere around the steering pump itself? If not check the rack N pinion too it could be in need of some kind of repair...

You'd know if it's leaking from the pump itself because the alt. is directly under it & you know what happends if the alt. gets power steering fluid in it...?

Mine was replace once for being leaked on. :( Was the replacement a remanufactured or did you have someone rebuid the original?

There are kits available for the 1st Gen's steering pump. Maybe the one who replace it rebuilt it wrong & wont fess up.