Back Tail Light Problems

godzillatreat

I have an 02 RX 300 and I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my 2 passenger brake lights went in and out. They finally went out so I replaced the bulbs, but they still won't work properly. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't. Is there a relay switch that is causing the problem?

I believe that harness runs along the bottom of the car near the spare tire. Look down there and see if the wire got pinched or damaged. follow it to the driver side of the car and there are some plugs there. reseat the plugs.

• 3 weeks later...
I have an 02 RX 300 and I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my 2 passenger brake lights went in and out. They finally went out so I replaced the bulbs, but they still won't work properly. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't. Is there a relay switch that is causing the problem?

I have a 2004 RX330. The tail lights seem to have loose connections to the bulbs. I have the 'tail light out' indicator on the dash light up. When I walk to the back of the car, one or the other tail lights is out. If I tap on the light cover, the light will come on. Until the next time.