Door Light, Passenger Side.

intellivised

OK. Here's the story:

This winter here in Wyoming we had a day that hit -40. That same day I took a group of friends up, and the person sat in the passenger side closed the door but the actuator mechanism had frozen up. I couldn't get it to work and had to disassemble the door and work the actuator to get it to function again. The problem was - it was -20, and my garage was at a nice brisk -10. I had run out of patience (and feeling in my hands) after a few attempts and couldn't get the light and its connector to hook up, especially without help. I just bolted to door up. I really want to get everything reassembled now that it is June - is there a way to get to the harness (like take the light out?) without undoing the whole door again?

This winter here in Wyoming we had a day that hit -40.

WOW! I bet at those temperatures a car will make alot of strange noises wouldnt it?

We have hardpan soil here, so there are a lot of really deep culverts at intersections. On a day like that the whole car makes a giant CREAAAAAAK going over them - it's pretty nerve wracking until you get used to it.

OK. Here's the story:

This winter here in Wyoming we had a day that hit -40. That same day I took a group of friends up, and the person sat in the passenger side closed the door but the actuator mechanism had frozen up. I couldn't get it to work and had to disassemble the door and work the actuator to get it to function again. The problem was - it was -20, and my garage was at a nice brisk -10. I had run out of patience (and feeling in my hands) after a few attempts and couldn't get the light and its connector to hook up, especially without help. I just bolted to door up. I really want to get everything reassembled now that it is June - is there a way to get to the harness (like take the light out?) without undoing the whole door again?

The light pops out of the panel from below, you can probably access the harness if it's close by. If not, pull the panel just enough from the bottom to slip your fingers and grab it, fish it to the hole, then plug it in. Snap the light back into place.