Looking At An '03 With 35k Miles

PilotguyPA28

I own a '03 430 LS and am looking at an '03 430 SC with only 35K miles. I guess my biggest concern is the top. What is the chance of a major repair bill down the road? I guess if it works properly when I buy it, it should continue to work properly.

I've also heard about having big repair bills when you hit pot holes and mess up the tires and rims. Any truth to that? This one has Dunlop sp sport 5000 tires.

Anything else to look for or is the '03 a bad year?

Thanks.

I own a '03 430 LS and am looking at an '03 430 SC with only 35K miles. I guess my biggest concern is the top. What is the chance of a major repair bill down the road? I guess if it works properly when I buy it, it should continue to work properly.

I've also heard about having big repair bills when you hit pot holes and mess up the tires and rims. Any truth to that? This one has Dunlop sp sport 5000 tires.

Anything else to look for or is the '03 a bad year?

Thanks.

I've had an '03 now for 3 years. It has 71,000 miles on it. It still drives extremely well. The only problems I've had were loose brake clips (very minor), bad trunk struts (also very minor), and a failed right rear quarter window regulator. I was told by my Lexus dealer that this is very rare. Other than that, it has run beautifully. The top has never given me a problem. I would highly recommend this car. If you want a smoother ride, I suggest ditching the run flat tires and getting non-runflats. It makes the car ride sooooo much smoother.

Hi

Just purchased a 03 SC430 with 80,000 km and could not be happier with it. The previous owner had all service records and the only thing he had done was the hydralic lifts for the trunk under warranty. He also replaced the run flats with regular tires as he felt the ride was alittle rough. So it looks like the story about the 03 match up. Get the 03 you wont regret it!!