Changing A Water Pump

Revscroggins

I have a 1993 Lexus SC 400 that I just bought for $800.00. I am the second owner and i'm having to put new parts on the car. It rides great but now it's running hot. I've been trying to find out how to change the water pump that I can't seem to locate. Can anybody tell me how to find this thing and how to change it. From everything I've read so far looks like I need to change the timing belt as well.

Why do you think it's the water pump?

Maybe this car is different from every other car I've maintained but, a water pump will be leaking and making a racked loooong before it stops pumping water and when it does it will be a completely stop pumping water and you won't be running warm you'll be completely roasting.

I would look into more common causes like the thermostat, get a radiator flush, have them sniff the overflow tank for CO2.

You can also go to the SC 400 section and post ""why is my car over heating" might be something sc 400 specific.

PK