Is-250

Hi Folks, I'm new here.

Maintenance light is on constantly since last night, 10K miles service is due. Wondering how far I can drive with that, can I put another 200-300 miles with the maintenance light on without harming engine.

Please advise, Thanks.

Hi Folks, I'm new here.

Maintenance light is on constantly since last night, 10K miles service is due. Wondering how far I can drive with that, can I put another 200-300 miles with the maintenance light on without harming engine.

Please advise, Thanks.

It's just the computer letting you know that the service is due. It's a maintenance reminder, not a trouble light. As soon as you get your service, they will reset the light and you'll be fine... no matter if you do it now, or at 11,000 miles.

Thanks for the quick response. My only concern was what if it ruined the engine, thought engine oil wouldn't last more then 5K miles.

Naw... you're good. Heck, when I was young and dumb, I had a Nissan Hardbody on which I put over 150k miles, and changed the oil exactly 3 times. Although it certainly is NOT advisable, today's engines are made very well, and can take a bunch of abuse. Many manufacturers advise oil changes at 7,500 miles. The benefit of having timely service records is mechanical longevity for the consumer, as well as the ease and profit of re-selling a Certified Used vehicle for the dealer.

Thanks a lot IS_Willie, appreciate it !!

No worries, oh, and welcome! There are a LOT of really smart people here with really good information... just as long as you are willing to do a bit of searching leg-work, (finger-work?), before asking questions.

Thanks for the quick response. My only concern was what if it ruined the engine, thought engine oil wouldn't last more then 5K miles.

Give or take a few hundred won't hurt anything. We've posted how to reset that light here numerous times.