Cargo Net Clips

bainzey

So,

I thought that I would put into my RX330 a cargo net that I have from a previous vehicle. It seemed to be the perfect size, and even clipped in nicely to the bottom two clips. I then noticed that there are no clips on the top which made me think that perhaps the RX isn't meant to be equipped with such a device. But after a quick Google search it is. So I called myLocal Lexus dealer to inquire. And apparently you have to have the clips installed as they are not always present. OK? "How much are the clips, I'd like to order 2?" We don't sell the clips, they come with the net.

So now I HAVE to buy the net from Lexus to get the clips? This doesn’t seem right to me. Someone please tell me, or send me in the direction of a place that I can acquire these.

Funny thing is for the longest time I didn't even care if the net was there or not, as the compartments seems to do the trick in most cases, but now I'm curious, and want that Net!

B)

When a body shop misplaced or inadvertently discarded the upper cargo net hooks for my 90 LS about 10 years ago, they were able to obtain the hooks separately as a collision repair part. Maybe a body shop could help you. I do know that the thread size/type on cargo net hooks are not the same for all vehicles manufactured by Toyota. The cargo net hooks on our Camry look the same as the ones on our 00 LS but the threads on the Camry cargo net hooks are much courser.

The cargo net description for the 04 RX (US specification) on the Sewell Lexus website says that the US spec 04 RX comes with the cargo net anchors and that they do not come with the net. Have you tried ordering the anchors/hooks from a U.S. Lexus dealer?

So,

I thought that I would put into my RX330 a cargo net that I have from a previous vehicle. It seemed to be the perfect size, and even clipped in nicely to the bottom two clips. I then noticed that there are no clips on the top which made me think that perhaps the RX isn't meant to be equipped with such a device. But after a quick Google search it is. So I called myLocal Lexus dealer to inquire. And apparently you have to have the clips installed as they are not always present. OK? "How much are the clips, I'd like to order 2?" We don't sell the clips, they come with the net.

So now I HAVE to buy the net from Lexus to get the clips? This doesn’t seem right to me. Someone please tell me, or send me in the direction of a place that I can acquire these.

Funny thing is for the longest time I didn't even care if the net was there or not, as the compartments seems to do the trick in most cases, but now I'm curious, and want that Net!

B)

The clips (I assume you mean the 'anchors': they ae shaped like little anchors and screw into the side instead of the existing screws?) do indeed come separately. I have a (vertical) cargo net on my new 09RX350, and one anchor was defective (half of it was fractured). I requested a new 'anchor', and the dealer sent me two, in a package they had ordered/received as separate parts. I would try another Lexus dealer or, alternatively, a Toyota dealer (Highlander is the equivalent). I cannot speak as to the coarseness of the Toyota vs. Lexus screws; you would have to check that out yourself. Good luck!