Bogos Trouble Code Lists All Over The Place?

drmull

Hello -

Still chasing code P1155 in my '99. There seems to be great disagreement over exactly which sensor this refers to. When you look at the various internet lists, something looks strange. Here's an example:

P1130 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P1133 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Response Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P1135 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P1150 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

P1153 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Response Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

P1155 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

This list is duplicated all over the net. There SHOULD be three codes for B1S1 and the same three for B2S1. Common sense says the list is wrong and P1155 has to be for B2S1 (the sensor up front). Does anybody agree with this logic?? I'd like to know what you think before I start trying to remove the front sensor!

If these code lists are correct, there is no code for a heater malfunction in B2S1 - that can't be right.

Thanks!

Sorry about the bogus spelling in the topic - I can't type.

UPDATE - I found this pdf somewhere. Seems to support the theory.

cip1155.pdf

Hello -

Still chasing code P1155 in my '99. There seems to be great disagreement over exactly which sensor this refers to. When you look at the various internet lists, something looks strange. Here's an example:

P1130 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P1133 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Response Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P1135 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P1150 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

P1153 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Response Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

P1155 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

This list is duplicated all over the net. There SHOULD be three codes for B1S1 and the same three for B2S1. Common sense says the list is wrong and P1155 has to be for B2S1 (the sensor up front). Does anybody agree with this logic?? I'd like to know what you think before I start trying to remove the front sensor!

If these code lists are correct, there is no code for a heater malfunction in B2S1 - that can't be right.

Thanks!

Sorry about the bogus spelling in the topic - I can't type.

UPDATE - I found this pdf somewhere. Seems to support the theory.

DR- you are so right! I noticed that about a year and a half ago. They have a place on obd-codes site to e-mail a correction if you find a mistake. I started to do it and don't remember now if I completed it or got distracted. The information must all come from the same source and so they all have the same mistake. I wouldn't be surprised if those sites don't have the resources to make the changes or even monitor them adaquately. By the way, if I haven't already said it in another post, you are absolutely correct, that is B2S1, the front one that is really easy to change. Since it is easy to remove, it is also easy to test the heater circuit, since that is what P1155 refers to. The 2 black wires, should even be able to check continuity because the "fail" is generally a break in the element. If "0" resistance, would also tell you what you need to know. You wouldn't even have to remove it to make those tests. If that is the failure, it should have very little effect on running.