Flat Battery

My RX400h 2006 has been parked for several months and the battery has gone flat. I have recharged the small battery in the engine compartment, all the lights come on, computer powers up etc, but the car will not start. What can possibly be wrong? Will I need to separately charge the main battery?

My RX400h 2006 has been parked for several months and the battery has gone flat. I have recharged the small battery in the engine compartment, all the lights come on, computer powers up etc, but the car will not start. What can possibly be wrong? Will I need to separately charge the main battery?

You need to call Lexus to "boost" the drained hybrid batteries ... never know the proper procedures too but calling them is the way to go. Please keep us posted on how you revive the car :)

• 2 weeks later...

You need to call Lexus to "boost" the drained hybrid batteries ... never know the proper procedures too but calling them is the way to go. Please keep us posted on how you revive the car :)

It appeares that this was not a major problem after all. I did not do this myself, but have been told that once the small battery was properly charged, the green "Ready" light came on and the car started as normal by pushing the accelerator.

whoa

since the main - traction battery is 660Volts i dont know how you think you can charge it = it is sealed against tampering by the owner == never try to fiddle with it - call your dealer !! But you did the right thing by charging the 12 Volt battery - it is very small and can be run down very quickly - twice i left the door ajar and it ran it down in a few hours -- i heard you can start the car with flashlight batteries since the 12 volts is only needed to start the computer - DUH good luck it is a fine car - i love my 2007

i heard you can start the car with flashlight batteries since the 12 volts is only needed to start the computer -

Me thinks you heard wrong, Grasshopper! ;)

i heard you can start the car with flashlight batteries since the 12 volts is only needed to start the computer -

Me thinks you heard wrong, Grasshopper! ;)

i know you cant use flashlight batteries - it was kind of a joke - excuse me i am 71 years old