Replacing Front Left Turn Signal

gkub

I'm trying to replace my front left turn signal. I've removed the front plastic guard and the two screws holding the top of the light assembly. How do I remove the light assembly so I can get to the back of the bulb since the battery is right there?

Thanks

okay, i have my own answer.

the best way to change the bulb is forget about trying to reach it from the top (at least this is true for the left side because of the batter). you best bet is to crawl under the car and just reach up for the back of the bulb and give it an 1/8 of turn to release it from the housing. change twist the bulb out and replace.

hope this helps somebody.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with gkub on that one - the only way to get to the bulbs/housing is from underneath (thank goodness for the under-truck clearance). That being said, if you've got a creeper or somethig, it should be too bad. You'll have to reach up and around some parts, but you'll be able to feel your way to it. Hope that helps!

I'm trying to replace my front left turn signal. I've removed the front plastic guard and the two screws holding the top of the light assembly. How do I remove the light assembly so I can get to the back of the bulb since the battery is right there?

Thanks

you dont have to remove the light assembly. just remove the plastic guard, take a torch and find where the bulb is from the top (looking at where the turn signal is located at the front, then finding this place from the inside). Then reach the bulb from the top (you indeed would have to do it blind because of the battery, so better wear gloves not to hurt your hand) and turn it couter clockwise to remove.

a tip: try to locate, remove and re-install the right turn bulb first as you have more flex there (no battery), then you'll feel more comfortable working on the left bulb.

i did the above myself a number of times -- no probs, you just have to do it once and then you'll get used to it