New Body Style?

drkarate49

Since they just came out with it, I doubt for several years. I'm sure they'll make little "tweaks" every few years, but the style itself will probably remain in play for quite some time, like 5 years or so.

There are rumors of a minor change in the ES for the 2010 year but other than that I don't see any major changes until either 2012 or 2013.

Both the LS and ES will get mid model-cycle refreshes for the 2010 model year. I've seen some artist renderings but they'll probably include new headlights, bumpers, & grilles, new rear light treatments, some interior trim probably, wheels, & colors.

The cycles are pretty reliable. New model, 3 years until a refresh (sometimes with an engine upgrade), 2 more years, and then a new model. So expect to see an all new ES in 2012, the LS is generally a year longer so it may be 2013.

ES:

1992 (all new)

1993 (same)

1994 (same+engine upgrade)

1995 (mid cycle refresh)

1996 (same)

1997 (all new)

1998 (same)

1999 (same)

2000 (mid cycle refresh)

2001 (same)

2002 (all new)

2003 (same)

2004 (same+engine upgrade)

2005 (mid cycle refresh)

2006 (same)

2007 (all new)

2008 (same)

2009 (same)

2010 (should be mid cycle refresh)

LS:

1990 (all new)

1991 (same)

1992 (same)

1993 (mid cycle refresh)

1994 (same)

1995 (all new)

1996 (same)

1997 (same)

1998 (mid cycle refresh)

1999 (same)

2000 (same)

2001 (all new)

2002 (same)

2003 (same)

2004 (mid cycle refresh)

2005 (same)

2006 (same)

2007 (all new)

2008 (same)

2009 (same)

2010 (should be mid cycle refresh)

See the pattern? there is a little aberration in the LS in that the '93 refresh didn't hold for 2 years like it did later on, but the pattern works.

Here is a link to the rendering of the 2010 ES: http://lexusenthusiast.com/2009/01/04/2010-lexus-es-350/

Looks feasible, the new styling cues are there

The only thing I don't like about some of these designs, is where the mirrors are attached to the car itself. I've never liked a mirror that is attached to the sheet metal of the door, like posts sticking up. For some reason, that has always looked cheap to me. I think the corner of the front window is where they should always be mounted to. Other than that, I'm liking all the new designs. Although I still think the LS is lacking something distinctive to it's badge. Still just a little too close to the other models. I am really falling in love with the IS though, big time! I love the exterior, and I espeicaily love the interior. A HUGE improvement over the earlier models "which I've always liked as well".

Thats actually kind of funny because its usually on more expensive cars you find door mounted mirrors...Ferraris and the like...

Well, nobody's ever accused me of being too classy! :D :cheers:

To me, it just makes the mirrors look like after-thoughts, like they were slapped on the car at the very end. Now if they would put them up on the front corners of the fenders, then that would be coooool! :blink: