Removable Front Plate W/o Drilling Bumper

I had seen this accessory on a few cars lately and finally decided I need one. It is a front license plate holder that screws in to your front tow point. This is ideal because I do not like the way almost any car looks with a front plate and I usually get no heat unless I am in Los Angeles. I've tried putting it in my front windshield and still received "No Front Plate" tickets mostly when my vehicle is parked and I am not around, in such places as LAX, Hollywood, Venice Beach.... All in L.A. County. I live in Orange County and have never gotten a ticket here.

So I started searching for this piece to only find no one carried one for the GS430. I know it is a somewhat generic piece, but it is something that needed to be purchased online and I didn't want to deal with having to return it if the length wasn't correct or the threading/diameter was wrong. So I came across a company based in Canada called Rho-Plate who had one for the IS. I sent them an e-mail and received a prompt response asking for a few dimensions. Once I sent them the info needed, within a week I received the final product.

I just installed it today and it is everything I expected. I could have made it a little more aesthetically pleasing by making it go more the angle with the bumper, but then it would not be as easily screwed on and off. Here are a few images:

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

The product is not on http://rhoplate.com yet, but I'm sure it will be soon.

post-41330-1243306958_thumb.jpg

post-41330-1243306971_thumb.jpg

post-41330-1243306981_thumb.jpg

post-41330-1243306987_thumb.jpg

post-41330-1243306993_thumb.jpg

post-41330-1243307000_thumb.jpg