No Sound From Radio Mark Levinson System

Hi,

I own a 2003 ES 300, and when my battery went dead, after charging, I noticed that there was no sound coming from the mark Levinson speaker system, and I could not access the sound options on the radio, but sound was still coming from the navigation system. I checked the fuses and all seems ok, but still no sound. The combo radio/navigation system does show slow response on touch screen and sometimes appears to not respond to touch commands.

Any thoughts on this problem, is there some diagnosis I can perform to identify the problem? Could it be the radio or amp?

Any HELP would be greatly appreciated. I bought the car with 5000 miles which was a demo unit and it only have 20,000 miles.

Thanks in advance.

Doc (docnucs@yahoo.com)

docnucs,

Many cars of this era have a coded security feature to prevent theft of the unit. Once the power has been cut from the head unit, a 4 or 5 digit code must be entered before the radio will work again. I'm not entirely certain that this feature applies to your vehicle or not, but a check of the car's owner's manual will explain the procedure if so. As well, somewhere in the car's documentation the code will be listed if it applies. If not, you'll have to pull the radio for its serial number (on the back of the head unit usually) and contact a Lexus dealer for the proper code. Good Luck!

Hi,

I own a 2003 ES 300, and when my battery went dead, after charging, I noticed that there was no sound coming from the mark Levinson speaker system, and I could not access the sound options on the radio, but sound was still coming from the navigation system. I checked the fuses and all seems ok, but still no sound. The combo radio/navigation system does show slow response on touch screen and sometimes appears to not respond to touch commands.

Any thoughts on this problem, is there some diagnosis I can perform to identify the problem? Could it be the radio or amp?

Any HELP would be greatly appreciated. I bought the car with 5000 miles which was a demo unit and it only have 20,000 miles.

Thanks in advance.

Doc (docnucs@yahoo.com)

Sounds like the amp is shot.