Cabin Filter

hello, just wanted to check my cabin filter on my 04 es 330, did a google search found out how to get at it, pulled the glove box, blew it out with an air hose, had some leaves and junk in it, seemed dry, this wasn't that hard, but the little shock or what ever you want to call it, fell off. i can see where it goes, but can't get it on, not now, try later. glove box lines up o.k., just opens fast. i don't use it, only thing in there is the manual. how often should you change this filter? not going to the dealer for this, i just won't use the glove box. ran the air and heat, everything works fine. car has 61000 miles. runs and drives great. also, how cold temp. F. should the air be coming out of the vents on cold settings? thanks

tim

hello, just wanted to check my cabin filter on my 04 es 330, did a google search found out how to get at it, pulled the glove box, blew it out with an air hose, had some leaves and junk in it, seemed dry, this wasn't that hard, but the little shock or what ever you want to call it, fell off. i can see where it goes, but can't get it on, not now, try later. glove box lines up o.k., just opens fast. i don't use it, only thing in there is the manual. how often should you change this filter? not going to the dealer for this, i just won't use the glove box. ran the air and heat, everything works fine. car has 61000 miles. runs and drives great. also, how cold temp. F. should the air be coming out of the vents on cold settings? thanks

tim

I will second this issue. I found on this forum about how to replace the filter, but the acuator that screws on to the side of the glovebox to slow opening and closing fell out. Well I see where to put it, but what a bad design it is a plastic tip that is split in the middle and is suppose to hold in the back hole of the acuator. However it tends to bend forward and the split will not stay apart, thus the acuator just slides off the end. Any input or help! Thanks.

Mike

tim

I will second this issue. I found on this forum about how to replace the filter, but the acuator that screws on to the side of the glovebox to slow opening and closing fell out. Well I see where to put it, but what a bad design it is a plastic tip that is split in the middle and is suppose to hold in the back hole of the acuator. However it tends to bend forward and the split will not stay apart, thus the acuator just slides off the end. Any input or help! Thanks.

Mike

hello, I got the little shock thing or tension device back on. the two larger screws on the side of the glove box came out o.k.. back in o.k.. I put the acuator or tension device back on. the black screws on the side of the glove box just keep the glove box from falling foward. I don't like how the acuator or tension devise mounts on, seems like a clip should hold it on. I'll spend $20 or $25 for a filter and mess with this junk then spend $75 per hour at the Lexus dealer. Much better car then any of my GM cars. Very happy with my 04 es 330.

tim

Well I fixed mine by bute force. I took a long self threading screw from the back of the tip that the actuator connects to and ran it through the tip to spread it. Could not get it right in the middle so I let the screw tap into the extra plastic that stuck down from the acuator next to the hole. I know not the correct answer but it holds it!

Mike