Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips

The exhaust tips of my 91 LS400 are the factory ones. I took them out and cleaned them but still are not to my liking. I have found these ones. What do you think-are they too much for this lady? The left is the new vs old.

DSCF0208_ca.jpg

From the back the new ones.

DSCF0211_ca.jpg

From the side

DSCF0214_ca.jpg

and from the distance

DSCF0231_ca.jpg

If you like them then try Walmart-$12.96 each plus tax.

DSCF0210_ca.jpg

Best

Chris

The oem are tapered, the ones from Walmart aren't. To my mind they appear blunt in comparison. A bit larger with thicker walls/edges as well. Oem are more elegant, perhaps because the original design was right to begin with in almost every aspect of the car.

The oem are tapered, the ones from Walmart aren't. To my mind they appear blunt in comparison. A bit larger with thicker walls/edges as well. Oem are more elegant, perhaps because the original design was right to begin with in almost every aspect of the car.

A few more thoughts on the psychology of design - the oval tapered shape of the oem tips have a similar effect to that of wider tires or lower suspension - makes the car look wider and lower. The round tips make the car look a bit taller. On the other hand, they are a bit larger, and I always thought the oem were slightly undersized.