Nakamichi Amplifier

JimLS400

I have a 1996 LS 400 with Nakamichi Stereo. The right stereo channel has been silent for the past several years. Lexus told me the amplifier needs to be replaced with a refurbished one at a cost of about $600. Does anyone know where I can purchase a used Nakamichi amplifier for this model year? Or, if not, does anyone know where I can have mine repaired? Thanks.

JimLS400

I see that "ATE Auto and Truck Electronics" is advertising a Nakamichi amp rebuild service on eBay. Their website / phone number is: www.autoecu.com / toll free 1-866-983-6688

Also, sometimes used Nakamichi amps for a 95-97 LS are available on eBay.

Or you could see if your amp model is one of the Nakamichi amps these guys north of Orlando still repairs: http://carstereohelp.com/lexus.htm They will send a troubleshooting procedure if you contact them. I dealt with "Bob" there early last year when they fixed the Nakamichi head unit in my 00 LS.

Thanks for the tips. I'll check out ATE Auto and Truck Electronics. I checked with carstereohelp.com. They are no loner repairing Nakamichi amps. eBay doesn't have any 95-97 amps available now but I'll keep checking. Is it your understanding that the same exact Nakamichi amp was used on all three of those model years?

I see that "ATE Auto and Truck Electronics" is advertising a Nakamichi amp rebuild service on eBay. Their website / phone number is: www.autoecu.com / toll free 1-866-983-6688

Also, sometimes used Nakamichi amps for a 95-97 LS are available on eBay.

Or you could see if your amp model is one of the Nakamichi amps these guys north of Orlando still repairs: http://carstereohelp.com/lexus.htm They will send a troubleshooting procedure if you contact them. I dealt with "Bob" there early last year when they fixed the Nakamichi head unit in my 00 LS.

Is the amp under the passengers seat? I was swapping seats today and when I did the passengers I saw what looked like an amplifier on the floor on the passengers side.

Try www.car-part.com. When I bought a new Nak radio the guy was saying the radios go cheap (paid $125) but the amps are like $250 or so.

I am going to throw my old nak head unit on eBay and see if I can make some money off of it. Works but freezes up.

Is it your understanding that the same exact Nakamichi amp was used on all three of those model years?

I assume it was the same in 95 through 97 but I'm not certain. Lexus audio systems don't seem to change within the same series of the LS, i.e. 90-92, 93-94, 95-97, 98-00.

Ed, Thanks for your reply. Yes, the amp is under the front passener seat. I'll try www.carpart.com. Appreciate the tip.

JimLS400

Is the amp under the passengers seat? I was swapping seats today and when I did the passengers I saw what looked like an amplifier on the floor on the passengers side.

Try www.car-part.com. When I bought a new Nak radio the guy was saying the radios go cheap (paid $125) but the amps are like $250 or so.

I am going to throw my old nak head unit on eBay and see if I can make some money off of it. Works but freezes up.

Thanks, Jim. appreciate your help.

JimLS400

Is it your understanding that the same exact Nakamichi amp was used on all three of those model years?

I assume it was the same in 95 through 97 but I'm not certain. Lexus audio systems don't seem to change within the same series of the LS, i.e. 90-92, 93-94, 95-97, 98-00.