What's This Part Called?

cmshoot

It's the large, black plastic, panel that is underneath the engine, you have to remove it to change the oil.. It's approximately 4' x 3', and is bolt to the mounts under the engine and the ground effects at the front.

I'm looking to pick up a replacement and it would be way easier if I knew what the proper name was for it.

Thanks

It's the large, black plastic, panel that is underneath the engine, you have to remove it to change the oil.. It's approximately 4' x 3', and is bolt to the mounts under the engine and the ground effects at the front.

I'm looking to pick up a replacement and it would be way easier if I knew what the proper name was for it.

Thanks

The service manual calls it an "engine under cover." Not very technical.

I've bought several parts from ebay for my LS, I'll check for a service manual there as well. I've been all over the net and I'm striking out on the engine under cover.

BTW, do you happent to know the pattern/pitch of the bolts that hold the engine under cover to the metal points under the engine? One of my mounting holes is buggered up and I want to run a tap through it to clean it up.

Thanks for your help so far.

BTW, do you happent to know the pattern/pitch of the bolts that hold the engine under cover to the metal points under the engine? One of my mounting holes is buggered up and I want to run a tap through it to clean it up.

Thanks for your help so far.

No but I'll check later today and let you know.

The usual bad news/good news thing

The bad news. The under cover is attached using coarse threaded cap screw/bolts. They are pointed and has something like 10 threads per inch.

The good news. I really don't think you need to run a tap through the holes. These puppies will clear them out nicely even if they are full of dirt.