99 Rx300 Stereo Options?

I want to upgrade my factory installed stereo so it can interface with my IPOD or other USB/ mp3 device...

any recommendations on brand/model/place? Im in the los angeles area. Im thinking of going to Al& Ed tomorrow.

also, seems like the entire factory installed stereo is also connected to the AC and car info buttons....how will they reactivate this if they are ripping out the entire front face?

thanks in advance.

What year is your car? I believe without navigation you are stuck. I did interface an ipod jack, but not one that you can read on the display.

Here is the thread on that modification:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-first-g...-for-rx300.html

What year is your car? I believe without navigation you are stuck. I did interface an ipod jack, but not one that you can read on the display.

year 1999....i went over Bestbuy, they said there is a ipod/AUX jack they can put....cost is about $130 installed. $80 jack /$50 service... but there are kits, that replace the entire panel.... i will go to another specialized stereo dealer tomorrow to see my other options.

my car may be old, but it feels like its got another 3-5 years....so, im gonna see if its worth putting in some nice stereo in there.

thanks

year 1999....i went over Bestbuy, they said there is a ipod/AUX jack they can put....cost is about $130 installed. $80 jack /$50 service... but there are kits, that replace the entire panel.... i will go to another specialized stereo dealer tomorrow to see my other options.

my car may be old, but it feels like its got another 3-5 years....so, im gonna see if its worth putting in some nice stereo in there.

thanks

I too have a 99 RX300, and I have searched high and low (including contacting Lexus, and they said no dice) for upgrades to the stereo (not that it works poorly, but just want some newer features). Anyhow, check out www.crutchfield.com, that website will tell you if there is anything that you can install "in-dash". And last time I checked, there was not any for this car.

I went to Best Buy and asked one of the techies there, and they said that anything can be done, but the cost would probably out-weigh the benefits.

My only solution is buying the Jabra SP700. this is a bluetooth speakerphone that clips to your visor. It has an FM transmitter, so you can hear the person talking to you through your car stereo. Additionally, it can stream your MP3s from your device (if bluetooth equipped, and I think there is a bluetooth modual for the iPod), and play them on your car stereo as well. Pretty good sound quality. You can buy the Jabra Sp700 on ebay for about $40 (or get it from Best Buy for $80 and try it out first).

Hope this helps, and if you find something, please post, b/c I'll be interested to find out.