What Should I Expect To Pay...

I live in southern Pa, and have been to the 2 closest dealers to me. I am looking at buying a new IS250. I want the car with AWD, Nav, premium pkg. I keep getting the run around about the "best price". The lowest price I have gotten so far is 35500. I was just wondering if anyone out there had got a better deal.

Thanks

my IS is 2 years old now so I don't know the going prices, but try Lexus of Chester Springs. They were far below Wilke, Thompson, Wilmington, Bobby Rahal and Cherry Hill when I was shopping.

I'd worry more about your APR and length of the loan for the total price you will end up paying for the car. The dealer that gives you the lowest price doesn't always have your best "interest" in mind if you know what I mean.

I'd worry more about your APR and length of the loan for the total price you will end up paying for the car. The dealer that gives you the lowest price doesn't always have your best "interest" in mind if you know what I mean.

Well--you shouldn't show up at the dealer without other financing ready to go. Coming in there and relying on their finance guy is just telling them you don't want the best deal.

Get educated online as to what the going rate is for the car you want. Kbb.com and edmunds are both good resources. Once you get a bearing on what's a good deal and what isn't, I would suggest coming up with a number that you'd be very happy to pay for your new car (without being unreasonable). Car salesmen rarely have anything resembling stones; they're looking for an easy take, so if you show them right away that you're educated and you have a pair you can push them around with ease. Be up front and tell the salesperson your magic number and that if he hits it, you'll buy the car today.

The APR is not really a concern, considering the dealer is offering 2.9% for 60 months right now. :)

Don't assume they'll give it to you. If you walk in there with an approved loan, they won't have much choice. My insurance co, and many credit unions, and lenders on lendingtree.com, will approve your loan, send you the loan papers and, essentially a "blank check" for you to give to the dealer. If you never give that paper work to the dealer, you never initiate the loan. So--if the dealer has a better loan to offer, you just shred the docs from the other lender.

Get educated online as to what the going rate is for the car you want. Kbb.com and edmunds are both good resources. Once you get a bearing on what's a good deal and what isn't, I would suggest coming up with a number that you'd be very happy to pay for your new car (without being unreasonable). Car salesmen rarely have anything resembling stones; they're looking for an easy take, so if you show them right away that you're educated and you have a pair you can push them around with ease. Be up front and tell the salesperson your magic number and that if he hits it, you'll buy the car today.

That's what she's doing by asking LOC members what the paid...

Well--you shouldn't show up at the dealer without other financing ready to go. Coming in there and relying on their finance guy is just telling them you don't want the best deal.

That takes all the fun out of it. Usually when I get the new car itch I build it online to what I want, go to the dealership and tell em what I want to pay and if they cannot help me I just leave. They will usually keep calling you with a lower and lower price. You have to act like you really don't want it.