Updated Exhaust Manifold On Older Lx?

lloydhowse

Honestly the entire LX470 line from 98-07 has not changed inside and out very much. Lexus might give you a different part number for the "updated" part but I don't see why it would not fit on your truck. The engine has virtually remained the same with a few additions of VVTi minimally increasing HP, and the transmission changed from a 4 speed to a 5 speed. I would bet the exhaust parts would still be interchangeable. But I am totally unsure but I think you have a good chance of it working. Let us know how it goes!!

That's what i was thinking as well. Except that they were modified because of a problem with cracking manifolds on models the age of my 2000. I'm expecting the modification didn't affect their retrofit. I bought a new manifold on ebay for $64.00 including shipping. The ad said for '02 - '05 but the seller didn't know why those years. Maybe I lucked out!?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Honestly the entire LX470 line from 98-07 has not changed inside and out very much. Lexus might give you a different part number for the "updated" part but I don't see why it would not fit on your truck. The engine has virtually remained the same with a few additions of VVTi minimally increasing HP, and the transmission changed from a 4 speed to a 5 speed. I would bet the exhaust parts would still be interchangeable. But I am totally unsure but I think you have a good chance of it working. Let us know how it goes!!

• 2 weeks later...