Tku Foir Hitch Instructions!

There have been a number of posts re: hitch installation. I tried to search/find the relevant ones I had consulted, but could not find them (there are an awful lot of them, however). This is just to thank the members who pointed me to getting a mail-order Lexus hitch for my RX350, and (I believe it may be GDixon) whoever posted good instructions which gave me the confidence to attempt the installation. Took a 1 1/2hrs (would be less second time around!) and I did not remove the lid to the anterior (large) trunk 'box'. Instead, I lifted the edge(s) of the box container (it is pliable) and accessed the bolts of the other rear boxes quite easily. I had to undo both rear box lids because the left box could not lift out without removing the right box's lid.... Anyway: all set and a big Thank You to all!

There have been a number of posts re: hitch installation. I tried to search/find the relevant ones I had consulted, but could not find them (there are an awful lot of them, however). This is just to thank the members who pointed me to getting a mail-order Lexus hitch for my RX350, and (I believe it may be GDixon) whoever posted good instructions which gave me the confidence to attempt the installation. Took a 1 1/2hrs (would be less second time around!) and I did not remove the lid to the anterior (large) trunk 'box'. Instead, I lifted the edge(s) of the box container (it is pliable) and accessed the bolts of the other rear boxes quite easily. I had to undo both rear box lids because the left box could not lift out without removing the right box's lid.... Anyway: all set and a big Thank You to all!

Sorry to hijack your post but I was wondering if these hitches will fit the 2010 RX ?

Thanks,

Mike (newbie)

Sorry to hijack your post but I was wondering if these hitches will fit the 2010 RX ?

Thanks,

Mike (newbie)

I cannot answer that, but would suggest you verify part numbers. The hitch I had purchased was part no. PT228-48045. You might want to call a Lexus parts dealer and find out... Here are some numbers of Lexus dealers who do mail-order:

(262)797-2000 (Lexus Parts Mall) lexuspartsmall.com

888-909-6633 (Sewell Lexus) www.sewellpartsonline.com

www.lexuspartsonline.com (that is where I bought my hitch). They have an e-mail 'contact' form.

Good luck!

Thanks,

Mike (newbie)

I cannot answer that, but would suggest you verify part numbers. The hitch I had purchased was part no. PT228-48045. You might want to call a Lexus parts dealer and find out... Here are some numbers of Lexus dealers who do mail-order:

(262)797-2000 (Lexus Parts Mall) lexuspartsmall.com

888-909-6633 (Sewell Lexus) www.sewellpartsonline.com

www.lexuspartsonline.com (that is where I bought my hitch). They have an e-mail 'contact' form.

Good luck!

Thanks I will, and report back!

Mike