Annoying Noise From Brake Accumalator

HDRunner

I have notice squeaking noise when I brake at slow speed. I don’t think it is from the brake disc, because I could hear anything when I roll down the windows. Bring to the service consultant’s attention when I am in for first 1K service. Did road test and we have discover it is from brake accumulator.

Just do this simple test to find out if you have the same problem. Start the engine, keep in “Park”, keep all windows up, turn off A/C and stereo. Step on the brake pedal and release, repeat this for 2 to 3 times. You will hear a little squeaking noise coming from real right side. The noise will come on while you are driving as well, it is ealier do the test while you are parked.

Just want to find out if anyone else experience the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
by the way, what i have is 2009 LX570. can other LX570 owner let me know if your car has it or not.

i need to find out if this is only me or not

Thanks,

I just read your post today and will try the brake test later on and get back to you.

by the way, what i have is 2009 LX570. can other LX570 owner let me know if your car has it or not.

i need to find out if this is only me or not

Thanks,

I tried the pumping of the brakes with the air off and the radio but there was NO NOISE coming from the back right side...

Lee

I have notice squeaking noise when I brake at slow speed. I don’t think it is from the brake disc, because I could hear anything when I roll down the windows. Bring to the service consultant’s attention when I am in for first 1K service. Did road test and we have discover it is from brake accumulator.

Just do this simple test to find out if you have the same problem. Start the engine, keep in “Park”, keep all windows up, turn off A/C and stereo. Step on the brake pedal and release, repeat this for 2 to 3 times. You will hear a little squeaking noise coming from real right side. The noise will come on while you are driving as well, it is ealier do the test while you are parked.

Just want to find out if anyone else experience the same problem.

I tried what you asked and had NO NOISE coming from the back break.. sorry

Newlee, Thanks,

Here is some additional information. When I get my LX570 in for 5K service 10 days ago. I asked the service guy about the noise again. We sit in another LX570 they had in the lot. That one has the same noise coming from the front under the hook. The service guy point out the noise is coming from the brake accumulator. When the brake fluid pressure drop to certain level, the motor will start which make that noise. The motor runs just about every other time when you press the brake pedal. Which confirm this is the nature of LX570. Two days later, when I in a friend’s LX570, it does the same. Both cars make the same noise, just not as noticeable compare to mine.

• 4 years later...

If the noise sounds like "inhaling" or "exhaling", you have to IMMEDIATELY check your braking fluid level/braking system. Sometimes air gets to the braking system (where only the braking fluid should be), making such noise. You need to test your braking system to see if the issue is critical (as the air in the system may significantly deteriorate the braking effort and result in an accident).

PS - however, some "small" sound like this may be tolerable, I had such "small" sound in many cars - but again, you have to test your braking system immediately to be confident.