What Would You Buy... 2005 Es330 W/nav & Marklev Or A 2006 W/nav N

What Would You Buy... 2005 ES330 w/Nav & MarkLev or a 2006 w/Nav no ML...?

Same Price, same mileage at 45k... both Certified....

Okay... I must make a choice...

Both of the cars have all the options, e.g. heated/cooled seats, HID lights, etc.

Price for both is $21k

What do you all think?

Martin

It really comes down to how good an ear you have for high end electronics and whether you really appreciate that kind of listening experience, or how much you have a need for a one year newer car. If you are someone who never listens to the radio, or is just fine with an mp3 player or an old cassette deck, buy the newer vehicle. If, however, you really like listening to good music, go for the ML. Perhaps the way to decide on the newer car is to play a favorite CD in it, and then try it in the one year older ML unit. Good Luck!

It really comes down to how good an ear you have for high end electronics and whether you really appreciate that kind of listening experience, or how much you have a need for a one year newer car. If you are someone who never listens to the radio, or is just fine with an mp3 player or an old cassette deck, buy the newer vehicle. If, however, you really like listening to good music, go for the ML. Perhaps the way to decide on the newer car is to play a favorite CD in it, and then try it in the one year older ML unit. Good Luck!

Thanks, GB.... Trying to gain a sense if there might be any "tribal knowledge" within the forum that would cause me to scatter, or if, like all of the Lexus vehicles we've had before, it will be a great car.

Thanks again.

Martin

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased a 05' ES330 with Nav & ML sound and I really didn't gain an appreciation for the ML sound until I spent about 20 hours crusing to Florida and back over the Memorial weekend. I was able to hear sounds on my CD's I don't think I've ever heard before from within the confines of an automobile cruising at 70+. The sound is really incredible. My wife's RX doesn't have ML sound and she really noticed a big difference.

I did note that the version 4.2 maps were saddly out of date. I've ordered an upgrade. I understand some of the controls and nav functions are improved with the 8.1 update.

If you haven't made the purchase yet, see if you can get the seller to spring for the update.