Cell Phone Interference

I've been driving an LS for a long time (10+ years), recently puchased a 99 GS3 and have awful feedback from my cell phone through the stereo system...bad static, etc. What can I do about it? Where can I place my cell in the car so there's no feedback? Anyone else experience this?

I've been driving an LS for a long time (10+ years), recently puchased a 99 GS3 and have awful feedback from my cell phone through the stereo system...bad static, etc. What can I do about it? Where can I place my cell in the car so there's no feedback? Anyone else experience this?

really.............? um ok....where do u keep your phone? just trying moving it to someplace and see where it doesnt cause feedback. i leave mine everywhere with no feedback....or maybe you need a new phone?

Does the "static" sound like Morse code or a loud buzz? Cell phone interference with car radios used to be more common that it is now. Here is an article on the issue: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1035_22-157867.html You can google "cell phone interference with car radios" and probably find more information.

If you are having static, keep your cell phone as far from the radio as possible.

My cell phone causes a similar interference problem if I don't have it in its charging cradle. The charging cradle automatically deactivates the phone's internal antenna and uses the cell phone antenna imprinted on my 00 LS400's rear window. The phone charging cradle in my wife's Camry is connected to a glass mount external antenna since it didn't come from the factory with an imprinted cell phone antenna on the rear window.