Check Out My Door Panels

Here are some pics of the passenger door speaker panels the previous owner had in my car. Back doors are stock.

This dude had some place in NYC do all his car audio.

I believe these door panels are custom made, correct me if I am wrong, but I could not find them online already fabricated. However the guy in Pittsburgh I had look at my car to put the audio back in said they are a common addition to modded lexus'.

When the previous owner traded the car in he pulled his aftermarket head unit, subs, & 2 of the speakers in each of the front doors (so there is only 1 speaker in the 3 pods you see.) All I have now is 1 speaker in each door putting out highs, and no sub at all (left the stock ML sub out as a port for his subs)

I have included Pics of the trunk b/c I am curious about my navigation set up, I have not seen the trunk of another GS, but this has to be different.

I plan on putting all JL audio into the car. keeping OEM Nav, filling the doors & 1 12 in JL w3 in back.

Thanks!.........Oh yea and my Girls Trailblazer SS.......little women, big trucks!

post-76678-1241099808_thumb.jpg

post-76678-1241099837_thumb.jpg

post-76678-1241099868_thumb.jpg

post-76678-1241099895_thumb.jpg

post-76678-1241099961_thumb.jpg

post-76678-1241100146_thumb.jpg

post-76678-1241100177_thumb.jpg

welcome to the club. ew....on the door panels. yes completely custom and kinda wacky if you ask me. thats not a common anything for any car though..i bet its nice to have a gs300 with ml and nav sir, i have a 430 with nav and ml although i am jealous of the back interior ;)

trunk is almost oem....your missing the piece of cloth that goes alongside the trunk light and the cover to the nav looks ALMOST oem except mine isnt wood.

so u gonna install more speakers or convert back to stock?

Doors already getting hated on! :o .

To tell the truth I would never pay to have them fabricated/installed, but since they are there I am gonna fill them w. 6 1/2 in JL's.

As you mentioned in my other post, I dont know why he had the lexus symbol put in, his own taste.

I do like them though. I guess Just being a little different works for me.

So the trunk Nav is normally set up that way huh? The covers on OEM are plastic?

So all in all I plan to keep the doors as they are. Im going to fill them with the JL speakers, Run a single JL w3 12in in the trunk. Ill talk w. my audio people in terms of carpeting everything back up.

Thanks for looking.

Doors already getting hated on! :o .

To tell the truth I would never pay to have them fabricated/installed, but since they are there I am gonna fill them w. 6 1/2 in JL's.

As you mentioned in my other post, I dont know why he had the lexus symbol put in, his own taste.

I do like them though. I guess Just being a little different works for me.

So the trunk Nav is normally set up that way huh? The covers on OEM are plastic?

So all in all I plan to keep the doors as they are. Im going to fill them with the JL speakers, Run a single JL w3 12in in the trunk. Ill talk w. my audio people in terms of carpeting everything back up.

Thanks for looking.

not hating just not my taste/style its a tad overkill...instead of 3 JL's get ONE good set and go from there

yeah nav is normal except that wood cover. the oem cover is actually cloth like the trunk lining or carpet...

not hating just not my taste/style its a tad overkill...instead of 3 JL's get ONE good set and go from there

yeah nav is normal except that wood cover. the oem cover is actually cloth like the trunk lining or carpet...

Im going to fill the pods since they are there. I plan to fill all 6 of them w. JL Audio XR650-CXi plus one in each back door.

Im with you on the doors. One thing I do like that the previous owner did that I thought would bother me is the Tinted windshield. Im amazed how much I like it.

Still iffy on the roof spoiler......Im gonna leave it...but Im not sure if I would have opted for it. Maybe It will look more in place if the car was lowered w. bigger wheels.

Looks nice.. Ive been having problems since i changed mine and i think i finally figured it out. After a night of rain in the morning i would go out to my car to find the very bottom of the door panel kind of wet with water. Took me a few days but i guess the factory speaker boxes help protect water from leaking in to the door panel of the door. For anyone that has changed there speakers and removes the factory housing have you noticed this problem or is it just me>?

Looks nice.. Ive been having problems since i changed mine and i think i finally figured it out. After a night of rain in the morning i would go out to my car to find the very bottom of the door panel kind of wet with water. Took me a few days but i guess the factory speaker boxes help protect water from leaking in to the door panel of the door. For anyone that has changed there speakers and removes the factory housing have you noticed this problem or is it just me>?

I have not noticed anything like that, but next time we get rain I will check it out. Being that I have only owned the car for a few months, and it came w. modded doors I may have just never noticed.

Ill let ya know.

Im going to fill the pods since they are there. I plan to fill all 6 of them w. JL Audio XR650-CXi plus one in each back door.

Im with you on the doors. One thing I do like that the previous owner did that I thought would bother me is the Tinted windshield. Im amazed how much I like it.

Still iffy on the roof spoiler......Im gonna leave it...but Im not sure if I would have opted for it. Maybe It will look more in place if the car was lowered w. bigger wheels.

yeah i love having my windshield done. its a total different view since i did it. i have 35% all the way across how dark is yours?

i just changed mine but i know of no problems like this from just changing the speakers. try making sure your weather stripping is still good and not torn

I am not sure how dark mine is. I’ve never had tints b4 so I wouldn’t know, but the doors/rear window are very dark. Not that it really helps. If i ever find out Ill post.

Question for ya: What is the best way to find out what bulbs are in my headlights? B/c the car has had little touches of customizing I believe he changed out the headlights. They are def blue in color. My dilemma is one of my high beams is out and I don’t know what to replace it with.

Also my fog lights do not function.

Is finding out if/what the previous owner replaced the headlights w. simply a matter of pulling the bulb?

What is common bulb to replace the fog lights w.?

Im not sure if the fogs are burned out or just do not switch on....

Thanks

I am not sure how dark mine is. I’ve never had tints b4 so I wouldn’t know, but the doors/rear window are very dark. Not that it really helps. If i ever find out Ill post.

Question for ya: What is the best way to find out what bulbs are in my headlights? B/c the car has had little touches of customizing I believe he changed out the headlights. They are def blue in color. My dilemma is one of my high beams is out and I don’t know what to replace it with.

Also my fog lights do not function.

Is finding out if/what the previous owner replaced the headlights w. simply a matter of pulling the bulb?

What is common bulb to replace the fog lights w.?

Im not sure if the fogs are burned out or just do not switch on....

Thanks

sounds like a real yucko owned your car before you.... you can change the headlight bulbs under the hood, can see both high beams. high bea,s are blue as in HID or blue regular bulb?

i replaced my fogs and high beams with HID kits to match my OEM HIDS. check fuses on fogs before you precede that way you dont change bulbs that might not be blown