Remote Starter

a1s1a1

I live in Wisconsin which means 4-5 months of chilly weather, obviously it will be great if you can step into a heated car at the end of the day which is only possible if the car has a remote starter or if you park your car in a heated garage at work. Having said that, I was wondering if anyone can suggest a remote starter that would work seamlessly with the car. I understand that the car has a lot of gizmos (technicalities) which can come in the way of having a remote starter but is it possible? Any thoughts without making any major modification to the car will be much appreciated.

Regards, A1S1A1

• 3 weeks later...
I live in Wisconsin which means 4-5 months of chilly weather, obviously it will be great if you can step into a heated car at the end of the day which is only possible if the car has a remote starter or if you park your car in a heated garage at work. Having said that, I was wondering if anyone can suggest a remote starter that would work seamlessly with the car. I understand that the car has a lot of gizmos (technicalities) which can come in the way of having a remote starter but is it possible? Any thoughts without making any major modification to the car will be much appreciated.

Regards, A1S1A1

Myself and at least one other forum member has started a topic on this same issue but haven't received any substantial response other than another forum member trying to sell me a product. I haven't done much research on it but the member (lexus-tech) swears that the Crimestopper system works with the ES350 and he had done it before. I would do some research and see if this system will do what you want.

I called Viper directly about 6 or so months back and they specifically said that they didn't have any guaranteed systems that function with remote start vehicles. That may have changed since then.

I am probably going to put the remote start functionality on the shelf until my warranty expires. I am already at 39k+ after 21 months... :geek:

I got my ES350 last November. When I asked about a remote start, the salesman told me that Lexus had discontinued putting remote start on keyless start cars because of 'problems'. I can only assume no one has mastered security control on the car without having a key inserted. It would be nice.

For the summer, I have enjoyed using the remote to open the windows and roof from a distance to vent the car before I get in.