Blower Control Shot?

Hello L.O.C.

I just bought a beautiful 02 GS300 fully loaded, black on black with the nice black trim on the inside B). Everything is perfect expect for one thing. When I try to turn on the air, whether heat or a/c through Climate, no air is being pushed through. I did some research on this form and found layouts and how to remove the blower control for the car....BUT I wanted to see if anyone had the same problem before I go through that hassel and taking it to Lexus is the last option as I have read how expensive they can be <_< .

When the A/C is activated, I can hear the condenser turn on and start to work but again nothing comes through. I will be checking the fuses soon but I doubt it has anything to do with it. Is there anything I should also check? Any relays etc?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello L.O.C.

I just bought a beautiful 02 GS300 fully loaded, black on black with the nice black trim on the inside B). Everything is perfect expect for one thing. When I try to turn on the air, whether heat or a/c through Climate, no air is being pushed through. I did some research on this form and found layouts and how to remove the blower control for the car....BUT I wanted to see if anyone had the same problem before I go through that hassel and taking it to Lexus is the last option as I have read how expensive they can be <_< .

When the A/C is activated, I can hear the condenser turn on and start to work but again nothing comes through. I will be checking the fuses soon but I doubt it has anything to do with it. Is there anything I should also check? Any relays etc?

Thanks in advance for your help.

u said u hear the condensor turn on....what about the blower? its located UNDER the glovebox towards the floor. does it come on?

No, the blower doesn't comes on BUT I have did research on another forum where when the Blower Motor goes, the fan speed gets stuck on high for a while then cuts off forever. I never got the chance to feel the air on high so I'm guessing it went through that stage already. I'm taking it to a local shop on friday to deem if that is the problem. Shop is owned by my Uncle so I will get a break if it is the problem. Will update once I go. Thanks for the help :)

No, the blower doesn't comes on BUT I have did research on another forum where when the Blower Motor goes, the fan speed gets stuck on high for a while then cuts off forever. I never got the chance to feel the air on high so I'm guessing it went through that stage already. I'm taking it to a local shop on friday to deem if that is the problem. Shop is owned by my Uncle so I will get a break if it is the problem. Will update once I go. Thanks for the help :)

if the blower isn't coming on.....that's your problem right there. check make sure its still plugged up, make sure it has power, and then check the fuses. your answering your own problems here......if blower isn't coming on that's your problem?

if your talking bout the CL boards....(i think u have this same post over there) i haven't checked it this morning yet but who told you the fan speed gets stuck on high and cuts off forever? really....forever huh? i wish peoples home systems would do this....i would sell more furnaces/blower motors to techs who come into my work

LOL yes I was on the CL boards when I read that. One person said when they turned the climate control on, it was stuck on one speed....HIGH even if you change it to a lower speed. It would remain on high. Then after a while, it will actually stop pushing air (which is the same problem I have now). An no sir...I haven't posted on that board yet. after tomorrow I will kno for sure exactly what the problem is but I will check the fuses tonight and also see if its plugged in...thats if its not raining again here

LOL yes I was on the CL boards when I read that. One person said when they turned the climate control on, it was stuck on one speed....HIGH even if you change it to a lower speed. It would remain on high. Then after a while, it will actually stop pushing air (which is the same problem I have now). An no sir...I haven't posted on that board yet. after tomorrow I will kno for sure exactly what the problem is but I will check the fuses tonight and also see if its plugged in...thats if its not raining again here

hmmmm well make sure your getting power to the motor also...i got a feeling its fuses or a blown motor sir. hopefully for you it will be that simple

damnit its not the fuse....OR the motor control. its the ECU module BEHIND the passenger kickpanel! Its not sending out any power. All circuits are connected and we got a schematic of the a/c wiring to check it. Do you know how much i might be lookin at for this? The part is ordered already by my uncle who might get a small discount on it just wanted a heads up.

Also, as soon as I fixed one thing, another problem occurs. I replaced the battery in my key and it works and all the doors work EXCEPT for the front passenger. The lock that is. Window fully works and all fuses are good. When I press the lock button down on the remote and also on the driver panel, all the doors lock except that door. Also as a note, when I put the car in drive, that lock doesnt move. It use to.....I guess it doesnt like the battery I used. What problem can this be. again....Fuses....check......window works...check ( of course )....but there is SOME play in the lock when triggered via remote or driver panel..but it seems to say F*** you and wont work. thanks! I'ma do some research of course on my own

ok...i know the problem with my door and how to fix it..so cross that off the list. Just need to find the DYI on how to replace the motor in the actuator. Also, how can I go about finding the Actuator for my car on ebay. part # I mean

ok...i know the problem with my door and how to fix it..so cross that off the list. Just need to find the DYI on how to replace the motor in the actuator. Also, how can I go about finding the Actuator for my car on ebay. part # I mean

u owe me some lunch sir ;)

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-...uators-diy.html

lol You can have anything off the dollar menu...my treat. Its funny cause while at work ON FRIDAY...I came accross that thread and I will probably go ahead and replace the motor.

an update on the first problem at hand....the ECU Module for the A/C and Heat system will cost me $400 just for the part. installation will be free...but f***....$400!!! The size of the Module looks like half of an NES cartridge made out of the same plastic and also the same grey color.

I also fixed my sub in the back using the clear silicone method and it definitely did the trick. I know I should post my thank you's in those thread's but I have to find them again :)

lol You can have anything off the dollar menu...my treat. Its funny cause while at work ON FRIDAY...I came accross that thread and I will probably go ahead and replace the motor.

an update on the first problem at hand....the ECU Module for the A/C and Heat system will cost me $400 just for the part. installation will be free...but f***....$400!!! The size of the Module looks like half of an NES cartridge made out of the same plastic and also the same grey color.

I also fixed my sub in the back using the clear silicone method and it definitely did the trick. I know I should post my thank you's in those thread's but I have to find them again :)

wendys dollar menu i hope....and anything huh? ok 3 of everything....hahaha!

so why not just a ecu module from a junkyard instead of buying a new one...? you got a pic of this module and location? i have a theory in my head but i wanna verify something

I dont have a pic of the ECU module but I might be able to get one. But it is located DIRECTLY behind the passenger fuses. You have to pull back the carpet which requires you to take the strip that holds the carpet down firmly at the door. You also have to take out 2 bolts ( one at the bottom of the fuse box and one at the top ), and take off some quick disconnects ( about 4 or 5). It will also help if you take off the glove capartment. When you do all of these things, you'll be able to remove the fuse box ( not sure if thats what it is called) with all fuses intacted. Attached right behind it, will be the gray plastic cartridge I was referring to. It comes out with some force as it is only connected by imbedded pins that goes directly behind the fuse box. It surely doesn't look like it is worth $400.

and 3 of everything fits my budget lol

I dont have a pic of the ECU module but I might be able to get one. But it is located DIRECTLY behind the passenger fuses. You have to pull back the carpet which requires you to take the strip that holds the carpet down firmly at the door. You also have to take out 2 bolts ( one at the bottom of the fuse box and one at the top ), and take off some quick disconnects ( about 4 or 5). It will also help if you take off the glove capartment. When you do all of these things, you'll be able to remove the fuse box ( not sure if thats what it is called) with all fuses intacted. Attached right behind it, will be the gray plastic cartridge I was referring to. It comes out with some force as it is only connected by imbedded pins that goes directly behind the fuse box. It surely doesn't look like it is worth $400.

and 3 of everything fits my budget lol

well like i was asking...y not get a used one? wonder if you have a water leak on there?

btw im familiar with pulling my interior....its all coming out AGAIN this weekend i hope to finish dynamating my whole car....door panels, floor, trunk and maybe roof

ok sir...here's an update. The ECU module was the problem and it was changed. there is no water leak as there was no moisture present in the area ( and it was kinda rainy here in ny today ).

BUT....now I am presentative with a few more problems. Like I said, once I fix one thing, another one goes. My car is trying to see if i'm worthy of keeping her. Dunno if I should post this in a new thread but here goes:

1. I now think the blower control is not working properly since the a/c & heat blows at one speed even tho I change the speed myself. I don't think its on high, maybe medium. Is the blower control at fault for this issue?

2. The feature that automatically locks my doors when I place the car in drive, and unlocks the doors when I place the car in park NO LONGER WORKS! Actually, it works partially. I locks the doors when I place it in drive, but doesn't unlock it. I checked all fuses and everything is good. I'm also going to take it back to the shop to check all connections on the ECU Module to make sure everything is in 100%. Should I look for somethine else as well?

3. The remote controls on my key to lock, unlock, and open the trunk no longer works. Mind you, all of these things except for number 1 worked before the new ECU module was installed. The light on the remote works but the car does nothing. All fuses are good.

Is there a mystery with this ECU module? I thought it only controls the a/c & heat system. I'm not sure what controls the locking and unlocking features and the remote features. Do I have to get the ECU module programed?! hellppp!!!!!!!!!!

ok sir...here's an update. The ECU module was the problem and it was changed. there is no water leak as there was no moisture present in the area ( and it was kinda rainy here in ny today ).

BUT....now I am presentative with a few more problems. Like I said, once I fix one thing, another one goes. My car is trying to see if i'm worthy of keeping her. Dunno if I should post this in a new thread but here goes:

1. I now think the blower control is not working properly since the a/c & heat blows at one speed even tho I change the speed myself. I don't think its on high, maybe medium. Is the blower control at fault for this issue?

2. The feature that automatically locks my doors when I place the car in drive, and unlocks the doors when I place the car in park NO LONGER WORKS! Actually, it works partially. I locks the doors when I place it in drive, but doesn't unlock it. I checked all fuses and everything is good. I'm also going to take it back to the shop to check all connections on the ECU Module to make sure everything is in 100%. Should I look for somethine else as well?

3. The remote controls on my key to lock, unlock, and open the trunk no longer works. Mind you, all of these things except for number 1 worked before the new ECU module was installed. The light on the remote works but the car does nothing. All fuses are good.

Is there a mystery with this ECU module? I thought it only controls the a/c & heat system. I'm not sure what controls the locking and unlocking features and the remote features. Do I have to get the ECU module programed?! hellppp!!!!!!!!!!

sell this car sir...u gettin a world of trouble for JUST acquiring this car

The blower control may need to be changed BUT i'm fine with it right now. That ECU module does need to be programed which should fix all the issues. I also might have a hook up to do it. the car is not getting away from me that easly. I'ma post some pics up. Its a cleannnnn beauty B)

• 3 months later...
well let us know if that fixes everything

uhhh..... so since May, I have driven around with my a/c stuck on medium. I'm not a picky person. As long as my car cools down i'm fine so I opt'd out of changing my blower motor, or even programming the ECU Module. But last night while coming back home, my girlfriend turns on the A/C so we can both stay awake (we were coming back from a rooftop lounge). About 2 minutes from her house, the air stops coming through the vents even though the A/C was on.

So now I got mad since i just shelled out $400 to fix it. Nevertheless I started trouble shooting right away. I turned the car off and back on and turned the air on. There was a click for each time I turned the A/C on and off coming from the passenger side underneath the glove compartment and I could also hear the condensor turning on when the button was pressed as well. Since I believe there is power going to the ECU Module, I will check the motor blower to see if anything is stuck in it, or if the brushings are bad. I think i'm being Punk'd. It is now very very very humid in New York and its hot constantly. I think my car is trying to say...."I Hate You" lol.

Anyway, I just thought I would update you guys. I will also update once I figured out what the problem is. Hopefully its as simply as spinning the fan on the blower.

P.S. If anyone is located in NY, I'm looking for a professional detailing center to get my baby prettied up. If anyone knows of any good places, please let me know. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Ok, so after all the slacking, I finally have an appointment with Lexus this thursday to try an diagnose this mystery issue. I will let you guys know in detail what this problem entails, and what needs to be replaced inorder to fix it. wish me luck!

2 days and $368.75 later, lexus found out that my issue is the Blower Motor Control (part # 0-87165-22050). The cost for this part is $280.54 (before tax). The diagnostic test claims the problem is the Blower Controler Unit but they also mention the Blower Motor Control. I'm not sure if these parts they are mentioning are the same but I will call back to find out. They claim the Blower Motor Control is not working and it may need the servo motor but they need to replace the controler to first as a start. All together, this may end up costing me around $1000 :cries: The only good part is that if I do choose Lexus to replace this for me, they are giving me a warrenty until Dec 2012.

Any thoughts?

2 days and $368.75 later, lexus found out that my issue is the Blower Motor Control (part # 0-87165-22050). The cost for this part is $280.54 (before tax). The diagnostic test claims the problem is the Blower Controler Unit but they also mention the Blower Motor Control. I'm not sure if these parts they are mentioning are the same but I will call back to find out. They claim the Blower Motor Control is not working and it may need the servo motor but they need to replace the controler to first as a start. All together, this may end up costing me around $1000 :cries: The only good part is that if I do choose Lexus to replace this for me, they are giving me a warrenty until Dec 2012.

Any thoughts?

.........buy a used one from a junkyard for probably $100 install it yourself and see what it does.... they should also be able to tell you if the servo's are working now and not AFTER they install that part

Any thoughts?

.........buy a used one from a junkyard for probably $100 install it yourself and see what it does.... they should also be able to tell you if the servo's are working now and not AFTER they install that part

Ok heres the Finale. I chose to go with Lexus just for reason of the warranty. The servo is not the problem since I drilled the Service Writter about the function of the Servo and how it DOESNT relate to my heat and a/c not working. She then explained that they would need to replace it because of any clicking noises that I may hear, which I dont at the moment.

As I stated a few months back my smart keys stoped working when I first changed a module. I asked Lexus about this and they looked into it. They stated that the programming, for whatever reason, just dissolved from both keys. To add some light on this situation I got both keys programmed by the used dealer ship (not lexus) when I first bought the car. The master key was not working when the car was bought, and of course the new spare key had to be programmed. It was programmed by a guy (in a van) who cuts an laser cuts keys and also programs them. This guy was a connection from the dealer who sold me my car. He charged $50 per new key (cut and programmed) and programmed the master key as a courtesy. My girlfriend also got a spare key cut and programmed which also stopped functioning shortly after being made(as she is telling me this over my shoulder). My guess is that who ever programed our keys did not do it the right way which made it inop'd after a couple months. I never heard of such a case before. The service writter told me she never seen or heard anything like it either. The car didn't even recognize the keys and she said it had nothing to do with my Heat and A/C going out or the parts I had replaced. The programming just....."dissolved." With that said, she was going to throw that in as a courtesy.

Turns out my door lock actuators on the entire right side of my car is bad as well. The quoted me a whopping 5 and some change to fix the back right door, and 5 and a little less change to fix the front right. I opt'd out of that. I think I'm either going to replace the actuator motors myself OR get it from a junkyard.

Other than that, i just have to do a tune up and I want to replace the front bushings for my car. It cost's to floss...

p.s. if you guys need any part #'s for anything I may have mentioned, please let me know. I will be happy to share them