Adjusting Outside Mirrors

AFW

I just purchased a 2004 LS 430. When I tried to adjust the outside mirrors, I could adjust the left side mirror but not the right side (and, yes, I flipped the rocker arm to the right side). Later, neither mirror could be adjusted. I have been told that it would cost about $1200 to replace each mirror, but it seems to me that it could be a switch problem (hopefully, a cheap solution) rather than a motor problem in the mirrors themselves. I reach the conclusion based on the fact that the adjustment worked intermittently . . . but now is completely dead. Any ideas?

I have a problem with my 2003 drivers outside mirror so I've been looking around for one, they are about $800 new from the dealer and come in color matched paint or $500 from irontoad.com, you can also find them on eBay for $100 or so. If both are inop, I'd guess it might be a switch problem, that would be a cheaper fix. I heard those switches are only $399 (just kidding). That's all the help I can be, I just bought my car 2 weeks ago and love it.

And congrats on the new car, first Lexus? This is my first one.