Alingment Issues

I have an 08 GS350 2WD with the 18" spyder wheels. The car drove great for the first 28K miles on fairly low profile and somewhat aggressive Dunlop SP tires. I was told that my oem tires had lasted longer than many others.

I replaced them with same sized Michelin's. Immediately, the car began to pull hard to the right. However, I did not immediately take it back to the tire shop. I looked around for someone good to align it, since the tire shop is old and very low tech. After about 2000 miles, it needed a dealer required visit, so I had them align it. They claimed it was way out of spec and that it was still pulling to the right after their alignment but it would eventually resolve itself.

Does this sound reasonable? I am skeptical as the car drove perfectly before replacing the tires, and since I am the only driver, I know it hasn't hit anything.

If the tires are not a directional thread, then swap the tires from side to side:

If it is an alignment issue it will continue to pull to the right.

If it is a tire issue then it should pull to the left now.

I have never heard of "but it would eventually resolve itself." that seems absurd. Did they happen to mention how long this resolve should take?

steviej