For The Experts Out There...please Help

mibb

Hello all! Newbie to the forum but not to lexus ownership. Can someone kindly explain, or try their best to, what could possibly be making the noise that I'm hearing. When coming to a very slow stop or starting to go in slow reverse, I'm hearing a very faint 'knocking' noise coming from the front end. It comes in either a single or sometimes a couple of 'knock' sounds when the brakes are slowly applied but doesn't happen all of the time. This has just recently started and I am currently at 35000kms, I understand that the brake system is quite advanced and that this could possibly be from the components adjusting but happening inconsistently is making me wonder. I have an aapointment scheudled with the dealer for next Tuesday and hopefully he will be able to hear it when he tests it. But in the mean time, is there anyone that can shed some light on this? :(

Hello all! Newbie to the forum but not to lexus ownership. Can someone kindly explain, or try their best to, what could possibly be making the noise that I'm hearing. When coming to a very slow stop or starting to go in slow reverse, I'm hearing a very faint 'knocking' noise coming from the front end. It comes in either a single or sometimes a couple of 'knock' sounds when the brakes are slowly applied but doesn't happen all of the time. This has just recently started and I am currently at 35000kms, I understand that the brake system is quite advanced and that this could possibly be from the components adjusting but happening inconsistently is making me wonder. I have an aapointment scheudled with the dealer for next Tuesday and hopefully he will be able to hear it when he tests it. But in the mean time, is there anyone that can shed some light on this? :(

I have the same exact thing. And while I have no good advice, I can tell you that I have a 1999 RX300 with 118k miles on it and i've never had any mechanical issues with the tires/brakes (or much of anything else for that matter). I just live with it, and it seems to work out okay. :)

If you have a warranty, use it. Hopefully, the dealer will hear it once it's there. Good luck.

• 5 weeks later...